Nancy's Tulip Garden

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Holly

Nancy's Tulip Garden

Postby Holly » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:47 am

With much sadness in my heart, my dear friend Nancy Heathcott Lopez died peacefully in the loving arms of her husband, Steve, early this morning. During my visit with them, Nancy's family and I planted Nancy's tulip garden as a symbol of God's blessings to come in the spring. We planted 49 tulips as I left the final one (of 50) for Nancy to plant. Sunday afternoon, Nancy planted her tulip in the center of the garden. Though my life will undoubtedly never will be the same, I know that my life is more "whole." From the bottom of my heart, I thank each of you for your prayers.

Hugs!

Holly

missjv

Postby missjv » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:58 am

hi holly,
wow that is so sad im sorry for your loss, but im glad you got to spend quality time with your friend before she passed and she knew you were with her near the end that is something you will remember forever. again im sorry for the loss of your friend at least the suffering of cancer is over and she is at peace enjoying the tulips.

missjv

Edward
Facebook Username: CoalRegionVoice

Nancy

Postby Edward » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:17 pm

Holly,

I know as a someone that was Stage II, I had a taste of Nancy's pain, but not her suffering. All my prayers are with you and the rest of the Lopez family.
Livestrong,

Edward
Colon Cancer Class of 2002
http://www.coalregionvoice.blogspot.com/

Thelma

Postby Thelma » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:01 am

My thoughts and prayers are with Nancy's family and friends.
Thelma

Jbyerly

Nancy

Postby Jbyerly » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:56 am

Nancy was a good friend of mine too. I have so many amazing memories from college at MTSU. We were all a few years younger than her. She always took care of us was first to give someone support or encouragment.

I'll always remember her, she was one in a million.

margotmagoo

Postby margotmagoo » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:34 pm

Though I do not know anyone on this message board personally, I do feel a strong connection with all who come here for support. It is very difficult to hear the news of someone passing because you grow to know people through their messages. A tulip garden is a beautiful rememberance for Nancy. Holly...I have been reading messages on this board for quite some time and just recently became a member. You have offered soooo many people support,including me....I love to see your "You Rock" mantra! I just wanted to tell you that you rock as well! I read your amazing survival story.....unbelievable what you went through. I hope someday to meet some of the people on this site.

Steve

My love, My partner, and my friend

Postby Steve » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:53 am

First I want to thank Holly, and Molly as well as the colon club for the flowers that we received for Nancy. I want to thank Holly for her extreme dedication to our friendship. You Rock and I love ya!.. LOVE that is a big word.
Nancy and I had been together for 13 years. We started dating when we where 25 and moved in together at 26. So you could say a total of 14 years. We lived as a married couple but did not get married for several reasons. I finally grew up a little and could afford to get married when we were 32. It was the best day of my life and we could not have asked for more perfect weather or a more perfect day. We almost made it to our 7 year anniversary which was yesterday Nov. 6th. Nancy was the center of my life and a most special person to me; she took care of me and encouraged me all the time. She saw in me things I did not and behind ever good person or leader there is a great partner. Nancy was the best and I love her. I can only hope that I was able to reciprocate that unconditional love she gave to me. I know I was not as good at unconditional love as Nancy but as she would say “how old are you today 4” and my responds would be no I am 5!
Nancy Passed away October 26, 2006 at 03:40. I was holding her as I had done over the past 6 weeks at night when she could not get comfortable. Her breathing slowed and then just stopped. I held her until EMS with the police arrived. Her Mother was in the room as well as her grandmother shortly there after. She put up a courageous battle. The last words she spoke was that she loved me. That was at 11:00 am the day before in response to me saying I love you. She was mostly incoherent the rest of the day. Some very close friends stopped by that night and as they where telling stories I thought I saw her smile. I can not tell you the void that has been in my life since Nancy was called home. It would be unbearable with out our friends and family. I will say that we are all here by Gods will and we belong to him only. God has only loaned us out to each other or given us children on loan. When God the Shepard calls we must go as we belong to him and him alone. I will miss her!!! ~. I want to thank every one of you for your love, support and prayers. Take care of one another.

Steve Lopez
Stay Positive!!!

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:29 pm

Margot,

Thank you for your very kinds words. I feel incredibly blessed and fortunate. Keep kickin' a little cancer a#$ and for you...

YOU ROCK!

Holly

Holly

Nancy's Tulip Garden

Postby Holly » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:35 pm

Steve,

You are a wonderful human spirit and I thank you for your friendship! As a reminder of God's blessings to come, I look forward to seeing Nancy's Tulip Garden bloom in the spring. ALL things are truly possible if we believe!

Holly

tandys24

so sorry for your loss

Postby tandys24 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:56 am

GOD Bless you Steve. I am so very sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you and your family.

margotmagoo

Postby margotmagoo » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:31 pm

Steve,
You wrote such a touching tribute to your wife. I only hope that you will find peace in your memories of your time with her.
Margot
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take....but rather by the number of moments that take our breath away"
Diagnosed January 2006 with stage IIIc at age 40.

Holly

WOW

Postby Holly » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:03 pm

I would like to thank each of you for your warm thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time. As much as I know that Steve is grateful to you all for your outpouring of love, I would also like to extend my gratitude to each you. I am grateful and feel blessed to be alive. Though I miss my many phonecalls with Nancyand her physical presence, I know that she will be with me all the days of my live.

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you.

Holly

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”