Can you believe this!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Dot

Can you believe this!

Postby Dot » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:53 pm

Hello to my friends:

Bob had his 2nd visit with his oncologist, good news, all looks good. Lab tests were good, liver tests were just about normal. I am a little concerned that his CEA went from 4.3 to 4.6, but his oncologist says she is happy with the labs and is still going to hold off on any chemo for now.

He is due to get a colonoscopy and another CT scan.

I also have to share a unbelievable story with you all -

After his surgery on July 7th we decided to take up kayaking as a way to build up his strength. He had been going to physical therapy for his "deconditioning". Anyway, on 9-7-06, 8 wks post -op, we went kayaking on a local river with some gentle streams branching off; when we were done and getting ready to leave a car went off the road and into the river. There was only the driver who started screaming she could not swim and she was just screaming. Bob jumped in and pulled her out of the car and swam the 30 ft back to shore. He did save her life. I don't know where he found the strength because she was just panicking and fighting him all the way to shore. The whole car was under in 20 feet of water within 2 minutes and the strong current turned the car completely upside down when the divers got there to pull it out.

I know that God wanted us there that day (cause we had never been there before) and it was just proof that God wants to keep him around.

So not only has he beat cancer's @##, he became a local Hero!

It is hard to believe that 1 year and 10 days ago was when he had his first surgery and was dx as Stage IV and to start the "planning".

Good thing we decided to fight!

missjv

Postby missjv » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:28 am

hi dot,
well thats a great story you are right bob is a hero and a fighter and im sure many more years are to come for you guys. with all the new meds and treatments out this stage 4 stuff is getting easier to batlle. i was wondering if bob was eligable for hepatic artery pump to send chemo to liver? i am getting mine end of novemeber after liver resection to my spot from liver and i am do more systemic as a back up to make sure this stuff stays gone. well again congrats on the good news with bob that is great you guys are in my prayers.

missjv

margotmagoo

Postby margotmagoo » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:29 pm

Way to go, Bob! To the world you might be one person but to one person you might be the world. Somehow we manage to find strength in our weakest moments. Keep fighting!
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take....but rather by the number of moments that take our breath away"
Diagnosed January 2006 with stage IIIc at age 40.

Loraine llancri@yahoo.com

Reply to missjv

Postby Loraine llancri@yahoo.com » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:21 pm

Hi missjv,

I read your response to Bob the hero and noticed you mentioned you had State IV colon cancer. My best friend does too. I posted a help message with her brief history under subject matter "Clinical Trials". I would love to hear the treatments you have undergone, esp. since you have the outlook that its easier to beat this state 4 cancer. My friend has exhausted all treatments and is now seeking clinical trials. I would appreciate if you sent me a response under clinical trials. I wish you the very best and continue with that great great attitude.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”