The dreaded scope....

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!

The dreaded scope....

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:02 pm

Well, here I am on the eve prior to my colonoscopy. Started drinking my Miralax cocktail about an hour ago and the party is well underway if you know what I mean! :oops:

So far not too bad, the drink is the worst part for me...sickening sweet for my taste. I'm on my last 1/4 to drink. I have had so much anxiety over this test since my brother (31) was diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer on September 20, 2005. I am eager to know if anything is going on as I have had minor symptoms for years!

I have another brother and sister who promise to get the test as well...they just want to see how well I get through it first :D

Well, that is all for now...I will keep you posted on what they may or may not find tomorrow!

Best,

Tracey

julie

Postby julie » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:14 am

Good Luck Tracey :)

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:23 am

Good luck, Tracey! I'm thinking of you! ...and THANK YOU for doing the "dreaded scope." You'll see. It's not so bad. :)

Terry

1st Time

Postby Terry » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:14 am

Tracey,
Anyone who has ever had a colonoscopy will tell you that the worst part is the prep. The drugs are absolutely wonderful. I usually don't won't to get up afterwards....very relaxing. Good luck!

Terry

Traybug

Piece of cake....

Postby Traybug » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:21 pm

I cannot believe how easy the colonoscopy was!!! I am happy and relieved to report that they didn't find anything other than internal hemmoroids. I have to go back every two years though since my brother is 31 with stage IV colon cancer.

The absolute worst part of the colonoscopy process for me was the liquid diet the day before. I love to eat...even more so when someone tells me I can't. I have to say it was far easier than I had ever imagined. I had a bad experience with a flexible sigmoidoscopy test...so I was extremely apprehensive about the colonoscopy. I wish I had done the colonoscopy first!

Anyone who is afraid of this test...please know it is a piece of cake! Please, please, please....do not put off this test out of fear....it is so easy!!!!

Best Wishes,

Tracey

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:30 pm

Tracey,

Was I right or was I right? Way to go! I am so proud that you are proactive in the management of your health!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”