Introducing Myself...

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Becca

Introducing Myself...

Postby Becca » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:09 pm

Hi everyone! My name is Becca. I am 33 years old & am currently being treated fo stage 4 colon cancer. Today I finished my 6th treatment. I am on the Ful-fox treatment. I'm married & we have an 11 month old daughter. I'm looking for someone who is in the same boat... Cancer & a baby is a dificult mix. I am half way thru my treatments & have had good news. My CEA counts have dropped from 64 proir to my colon resection to 27.4 after. Last treatment I had my CEA tested agian & it has dropped to 6.4!!! :D I have a CT scan next tues that will give us more info as to the status of the lesions on my liver. (I have 3). Again, I would love to hear from someonre who's situation is similar to mine. I'm finding that all the colon cancer support groups in my area are full of older patients that can't really relate to my situation. Thanks!!!

Traybug

Hi Becca

Postby Traybug » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:29 pm

My brother is in a similar situation to yours. He is 31, just diagnosed September 28, 2005 with stage IV, metastasis to the liver. He just started chemo on Monday. He is doing a clinical trial...combination of Erbitux, Avastin, and Folfox. He is married with a 14 month old daughter.

Definately a tough time in his life to battle something like this!!! I give you so much credit. I myself am a mom...I have a two year old, and a three month old and I can't imagine how difficult it must be to fight the cancer and raise your young child at the same time. I know you are in a position where you just have to do what you have to do, but it doesn't make it any easier.

I am here, along with everyone else in the colon club to help, or just offer support. Good luck and I will send positive thoughts your way!

Best wishes!

Tracey

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”