congrats to me!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!

congrats to me!

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:01 pm

Hi, thought I'd let everyone know that today is my official FIVE YEAR ANNIVERSARY of being cancer FREE!!! Yeah! I am so excited. I just can't believe it's been that long. And to make the day even more special, I just found out my father has finally agreed (after five years of begging and pleading) to have a colonoscopy on Monday! He made a secret appointment without any of us knowing. I really do hope nothing bad comes from the colonoscopy, who knows if we could get him to do more if necessary. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers!
Maggie

Sweet Peg

Postby Sweet Peg » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:23 pm

WHOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Congratulations Maggie!!! So very happy for you!! I was just done with my Chemo 3 months ago. I am not sure when they start counting the 5 yrs. if it is from the time you have the surgery to remove the cancer or from the time you finish your Chemo!! :roll: I will be keeping your father in my prayers. At least he is finally getting it done!!! Men can be such babies sometimes....LOL LOL Just joking guys!!!! :wink:

Peg

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:29 pm

Way to go Maggie!!! Congratz...and here's the many, many more happy and healthy years!

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:04 pm

Peg, I don't know what everyone else counts, but I always count the day of my surgery as my anniversary. I was super lucky and didn't have to have chemo or radiation, so that date is my true cancer free date!
Good luck with everything and keep it up!

Terry

Congratulations

Postby Terry » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:54 am

Hi Maggie,
It is a big deal worth celebrating. We had the family over on April 20, 2004 to celebrate my 5 years. Congratulations to you and I wish you many, many more.

Terry

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”