First visit with oncologist?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
butrflies

First visit with oncologist?

Postby butrflies » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:41 pm

Hi all,

Going for my first oncology visit on Wednesday at U of Penn. Not sure if this is where I’ll be getting treatment at I just wanted to hear what this doc had to say. Looking for some helpful advice. I had colon surgery on 9/25/06 pathology report states that I have stage 111c also have to go for genetic testing looks like might be HNPCC (not totally sure what that means but from what I've read this made me madder than when I found out I had colon cancer in the first place!)

What should I expect from the visit and what are some questions I should have ready for my doctor.

Were you guys able to work while on chemo, sounds like some of the side effects are really terrible.

Thanks for any help and guidance!
Amy

pearlgirl

Postby pearlgirl » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:26 pm

I'm eager to hear answers to these questions, too, as we will be meeting with DH's oncologist for the first time, in a few weeks.

butrflies

collecting the paper work

Postby butrflies » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:08 pm

Going tomorrow for my first oncologist visit, a bit anxious, looking forward to getting this started and over. although from some of the post i've read it doesn't sound that easy!
the hardest part so far has been collecting all of my paper work, reports, cat scans, ultra sounds and pathology slides. hopefully now i have a copy of all of my records so if i need to go somewhere else i won't have to go through this again.
i am bringing someone with me tomorrow because i'm sure all the info will be a bit overwhelming and someone on this site had suggested it.

i will let you know how it goes!

amy

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”