Last infusion!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Magnolia

Last infusion!

Postby Magnolia » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:47 pm

I finished my last chemo infusion today! It's a happy day, but a bit scary too. Like going out on the trapeze without a net. I still have Avastin for six months. That helps, and the side effects are minimal. For me, Avastin is investigational. I'm Stage III, and Avastin isn't yet approved for Stage III cancer. I'm on a study to see how well it prevents recurrance of resected tumors. We already know it works on existing tumors.

Anyway, I'm pretty wiped out today, but otherwise feeling well. I slept most of the AM, got unhooked in the afternoon, and slept again after dinner. Now I guess I'll be up half the night. Good thing I don't work tomorrow. I'm due for a scan next week. I'll let you all know how that goes. My labs all look quite good, and my last scan was clear, so I don't expect any problems. I'll be happy to see a good report, though.

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:09 pm

Sounds like you are ready to get your post chemo party started! After you rest, do go jump from cloud nine to ten, eleven and...This is a moment in time that you will never forget!

Keep kickin' a little cancer a@#!

Holly

Sweet Peg

Postby Sweet Peg » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:22 am

Whooohooooooooooo!! Congrats on finishing up the treatments!! Now comes the fun part....GO CELEBRATE!!! Go do the "I am kicking colon cancer in the butt" dance!!! Take some much deserved time out for yourself now and sing lots of PRAISES to the Lord for getting you through it! Holly is right ....this IS a time you will NEVER forget!!! Congrats again!!

Peg

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:26 am

Thanks for all the good wishes and support. You all are great friends.

NICK THE BRIT

Postby NICK THE BRIT » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:04 am

Well done, and im pleased to say im not too far behind.

Kind regards Nick xx

Jeni

Avastin for stage 3

Postby Jeni » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:12 am

Congrats on the chemo ending.

The study that you are in, that is studying Avastin on stage 3 resected tumors, where are you participating in this, at a cancer center or university ? How long is the study going to run ? How did you hear about it ?

Thanks for sharing your experience with this --

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”