new here

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
jana

new here

Postby jana » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:31 pm

Hi. This is my first post here - I have been on the CSN site for years, but heard this site is great for younger people.

I am 36 years old and was diagnosed with rectal adenocarcinoma over 4 years ago. I was stage 3, but unfortunately have shifted up to stage 4. I just found out this weekend that I now have bone mets. I have been dealing with lung mets - that are under control after radiation treatment and some thoractomies. Had a repeat scan and now I have multiple mets in my spine!! UGH!! BUT - I feel good. I have some minimal right hip discomfort, but can still do it all.

Anyone out there dealing with bone mets? I would love to hear from you. I also could use some new friends.

Thanks for listening. jana
Live every moment to it's fullest.

rthornton

Postby rthornton » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:02 pm

Jana,

Welcome! I wish you the best in addressing these bone mets. Since I already know you from outside of this forum, you know that I always wish you the best. I will be in touch with you soon, so you can fill me in on the details of your treatment.

Sincerely,
Rodney

Hannah

Postby Hannah » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:14 pm

Hi Jana,

Sorry about this latest setback - but I love your attitude! I just wanted to chime in and say to make sure that your doctors are taking care of the pain - I have heard that it can really get "ahead" of you with the bone mets. There are several drugs that are specifically made for bone mets, so ask and find the one that works for you.

Have your docs discussed radiation? It can work well to help keep bone mets under control and control pain.

:)Hannah
Hannah K. Vogler
Co-Founder, The Colon Club
cousin of Amanda Sherwood Roberts
dx 1/99 Stage III at age 24
died January 1, 2002 at age 27

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”