Just Diagnosed

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Holly32

Just Diagnosed

Postby Holly32 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:02 pm

Hi,
Thank you for this wonderful site! I am 31 years old and had my first colonoscopy Friday. I have cancer in the sigmoid colon. They did a CAT scan and it showed it has not spread to any major organs. My resection is scheduled for this Saturday. My trust is in God that he will take care of me. I'm just a little confused still because of the unknown. If I'm understanding correctly, they can't tell me until after surgery and labs what stage I am. Is that how it usually is? Any advice on ANY of this would be so helpful. I'm so proud of all of you and admire you for getting through this journey! God bless, Holly e-mail is holly324@cox.net

Sweet Peg

Postby Sweet Peg » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:16 pm

Hi Holly welcome to the Colon Club. I had the same type Cancer and was diagnosed in Jan. I had nothing any other organs and nothing in my blood either. They can't tell what stage it is untill surgery when they send the section in for testing. Mine came back with 2 of 7 lymph nodes with cancer but didn't penetrate the colon wall. I was a stage IIIa and went through 6 months of Chemo Therapy. I just got back from having my first blood tests and consult with my Oncologist yesterday. I have been off Chemo for 3 months now. Everything was clear and he was very pleased with things. I don't need to come back to see him for another 3 months now!! PTL!!! You hang in there and Praise God they found it when they did. You will be just fine!! This is the place to be though if you have any question, need support, prayer or help getting through your ordeal. One day at a time, lots of smiles and lots of trust in God and you will make it!! Please feel free to email me or ask anyone here any questions you may have and everyone will help you out!!!

You are in all our prayers!! Peg Hugs

Terry

Saturday

Postby Terry » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:20 am

Hi Holly,
Just wanted to wish you well with tomorrow's surgery. Just hold on to the morphine pump and let it work its majic. My thoughts and prayers will be with you....been there....done that....have the scar. Tomorrow is day #1 as a survivor. Welcome to the fraternity!

Best wishes in good health,
Terry

Molly
Site Admin

Postby Molly » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:53 pm

Hey Holly-

Welcome to the other side, and congratz on being a survivor. Like Terry said, welcome to the fraternity. :)

Recovery is a little bit tough, but you'll get through. Do everything your doc and nurses say...including blowing into that stupid little tube to make the ball rise! It ALL has a purpose! It helped me to hold a pillow on my belly during recovery, for whatever reason...and the sooner you get up and moving, the sooner you can get out of there.

Please let us all know how you're doing and if you need anything!

Big hug!

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:39 am

Hi Holly,

You're going to do fine. Surgery can be scary, but you'll be okay. Waiting for the pathology results is also very frustrating. Just try to be patient and keep your mind off of things however works best for you. And remember that we'll be thinking about you.

(I like the idea of this fraternity business :) ).

chet

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:33 pm

Hello Holly,

Well ya see...My name is Holly and I am a 32 year old who happens to be a stage IV survivor. Just a little secret from one Holly to another, you are going to be fine! Promise! Have faith in God and know that he has his arms wrapped tightly around you for always! If you ever have any questions, send me a line!

Big Hugs and know that you are in my prayers!

Traybug

Postby Traybug » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:09 am

Hi Holly!

Welcome and keep us posted. When you read this, you will be on the road to recovery....the first step in the RIGHT direction!

You've come to a great place!

Kick butt!!!!

Tracey

Holly32

Postby Holly32 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:36 pm

Hi, Everyone.
Thank you so much for all of the well wishes and prayers. God has blessed me. I had my surgery on Saturday. I tolerated everything well. They took out 14 inches and 22 lymph nodes. All came back negative! PTL! They are still to do the PET scan on me and run some other tests to see about chemo. Thank you all again :D Love and prayers, Holly

Sweet Peg

Postby Sweet Peg » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:19 am

Whoooohoooooooooooooo!!! PTL Holly!!! :lol: God is SO good isn't HE!! You bet we have been praying and waiting to hear your news. It is just wonderful that you got this news before the Holidays. You will now have an even greater love and understanding for the Birth of our Lord won't you!!! Keep doing what the doctors tell you and get your strength back so you can travel soon. :wink: Email me soon and tell me more about things.

Love and lots of HUGS!!! Peg :D

Terry

WELCOME SURVIVOR!

Postby Terry » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:56 pm

Hi Holly,
CONGRATULATONS!!! My own personal recollection of receiving my zero for 25 nodes report was that of being reborn. Despite post-surgical discomfort, you couldn't wipe the smile off of my face. I'm sure you feel the same way. Now that you are a survivor, remember to do what the doctor tells you....make it to all of you appointments....don't lift anything over 5 pounds....and.....enjoy life.
Best wishes in good health,
Terry

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”