A shout out to "Semicolons"

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
margotmagoo

A shout out to "Semicolons"

Postby margotmagoo » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:57 am

I just wanted to pass on some fabulous news.... My friends and family formed a relay team in my honor to walk in the Relay for Life. I named my team the Semicolons! We made bright pink shirts with purple semicolons on them. The relay was mid-July during my 11th treatment but I was still there (running on adrenaline) to walk the survivor lap and take it all in. It was emotional and inspirational to see soooo many survivors (of all types of cancers and of all ages) and their support teams gathered together.

ANYWAY....my team raised over $10,000 for the American Cancer Society!!!!!

tandy24
Facebook Username: Lisa Tandy

that is awesome!

Postby tandy24 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:41 am

WOW that is AWESOME!!!! While having treatments as well. Amazing!!!
God Bless and Believe,

johnmeissner

Postby johnmeissner » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:40 am

Well, I hadn't teared up this morning until I read this thread. Thank you margotmagoo. You have spunk, humor and a fantastic outlook on life. Thank you!
Hi, I'm John. But you can call me NED! Meet our son Jimmy at http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn243/jimmymize/

morsurv

margomagoo and semicolons

Postby morsurv » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:02 pm

More power to ya, Margomagoo.
I am a colon cancer survivor since 1999.
After my surgery with colostomy I wanted to know more about my situation and looked for support groups for colorectal cancer survivors,
but could not find any. There were groups for prostate, breast, and other, but none for colon cancer survivors. So I started one with the helpl of ACS which provided a meeting place and snacks.
We called our support group The Semi-Colons.
Maintaining a sense of humor is an important part of recovery.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”