After Colon Resection Surgery

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Linda Dugas

After Colon Resection Surgery

Postby Linda Dugas » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:39 pm

My Mother had a Colon resection surgery 4 weeks ago. Along with the normal pain of healing(the sugeon removed 4 sections, colon and rectum), She calls me this morning and tells me that she is passing blood clots. Can anyone please comment on this, similar experience, etc.? Is this a normal part of post-op ? Thank You, and to All of You, Our Prayers will be with You. Linda Dugas :cry:
I am so worried about Mom

Molly
Site Admin

Blood Clots...

Postby Molly » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:18 pm

Linda, I've not heard of that before, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. Please call (or have her call) her doctor asap!

Holly

Post Resection

Postby Holly » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:56 pm

I would agree that it would be in your mother's best interest to contact her physician as soon as possible. Be well! Hugs! Holly

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:54 am

Abdominal discomfort in the area of the surgical incision is normal, but passing blood clots is not and should raise a "red flag". You or your Mom should contact the Surgeon involved with the surgery if this continues, as it may require further evaluation. Hang in there!
Tonya Adams

Holly

And...

Postby Holly » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:31 pm

Just following up to see if your mother is better and if her passing clots has subsided? I hope that she is better and recovering. Please do update and let us know how you both are doing! Please know that you are in my prayers! Big Hugs!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”