worried

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
julie

worried

Postby julie » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:41 am

Hi all, I havent been on for a while as I had polyps removed last november and thought that was it! But recently I have been having more pain and losing a lot of mucous and a small amount of blood, just wondering if anyone may have any insight into wether I may have developed more polyps as my doc has said I dont need to have another colonoscopy for 3 yrs, so I feel a bit embarrassed going to him again if its nothing.

Thanks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NICK THE BRIT

Postby NICK THE BRIT » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:13 am

Hi Julie, im from Birmingham, i would demand a 2nd opinion if it was me. 3 years is a hell of a long time if something is playing on your mind. Regards Nick

julie

Postby julie » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:18 am

Thanks Nick, I think I will.

Is it possible 2 develop more polyps in a year?

Love Julie xxxxxxxxxxxxx

margotmagoo

Postby margotmagoo » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:47 am

Never feel embarrassed when you are concerned about your health. Colon cancer and polyps are very sneaky....though it does take a minimum of 3 years for anything scary to grow. Put your mind at ease and go see your doctor. Don't ignore the signs and symptoms. They might be nothing or a bit of IBS but it is worth checking out!

julie

Postby julie » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:55 am

Thanks for your replies, I have made an appointment to see my doctor next week. :lol:

Hannah

Postby Hannah » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:35 pm

Hey Julie,

How did it go? It is definitely possible to develop polyps in a year! Many doctors order a follow-up colonoscopy 1 year after removing polyps; some are 2-3 years after, and it all depends on the individual doctor and the nature of the polyp(s) you already had removed.

Let us know how it turned out - hopefully just some pesky internal hemmorhoids or something!

:)Hannah
Hannah K. Vogler
Co-Founder, The Colon Club
cousin of Amanda Sherwood Roberts
dx 1/99 Stage III at age 24
died January 1, 2002 at age 27

julie

Postby julie » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:35 am

Hi hannah, yes i went to the doc's, he said he will arrange for me to have a colonoscopy a.s.a.p. :lol:

Thanks for all your replies,

Julie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jen Blaire

Postby Jen Blaire » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:36 am

Hooray for docs that listen to their patients. :D
Stage III rectal cancer survivor, Age 21, and Miss September 2006 Colondar model

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”