re: Any stage IV's try radio frequency ablation?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
musiclover

re: Any stage IV's try radio frequency ablation?

Postby musiclover » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:43 pm

Even those with advanced metastatic cancers can now have this procedure done with great outcomes. Is there any Stage IV's there that have done this? Thanks!

Christine

Postby Christine » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:28 pm

I didn't have it done personally (liver resection was a better option for me), but I have a friend with stage IV breast cancer who just had it done with great success and very little recovery time.

nebtans

looking for ablation

Postby nebtans » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:44 am

If anyone knows of any doctor that will perform Ethanol ablation in the USA or Mexico, please call me.

I have searched and searched for a physician that wants to kill my tumor. ALL they want to do is TREAT the tumor. A simple shot of EVERCLEAR to the tumor will KILL it. At least that is my thoughts. Then I want it microwaved until it is cooked like a steak.

I do not want Radiation, Surgery or CHEMO!

Thank You

Ed Youngblood
409 -466-3962

I REALLY REALLY REALLY HATE THE FDA AND ORGANIZED MEDICINE.

missjv

Postby missjv » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:20 am

hi ed,
why are you against surgery and chemo? lots of us have had success with both and we are alive and well to speak about it. there is a place that deals with liver tumors in pittsburg that does all kinds of treatments try them im not sure of the website right now i think it is upmc but im not sure.

missjv

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:50 am

hi,
I had 8 tumors spread out in liver they did combo rfa on 5 cut three. i have been ned since going on 19 months.
you can got to seattle cancer care alliance click on colon cancer and read my story it tells my doctors.
good Luck
Anita {April 2007 colondar}

missjv

Postby missjv » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:55 am

hi anita,
i read your story it is wonderful, keep up the good work you are doing it is a help to all of us who are fighting this nasty disease whether stage 1 or all the way to stage 4. hopefully someday the words colon cancer or any type of cancer will not even be mentioned cause they will not exist. also i want to ask you have you spoken to docs about your children and at what age they should start being screened? i have an 8 year old daughter and i was diagnosed stage 4 at age 39. i have asked my docs but have not really gotten a clear cut answer about it. im wondering if i should take her as a teenager and just start screening. it couldn't hurt. congrats on your 19 months of ned.

missjv

Aunt Marilyn

Postby Aunt Marilyn » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:10 pm

Nebtans and all -

I'd never heard of Ethanol ablation, but was just on the liver cancer section of the University of Chicago Medical Center webs site and guess what - there it is! Here's the link:

http://www.uchospitals.edu/specialties/ ... liver.html
Aunt Marilyn

Ablation of liver tumors

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:42 am

I had one tumor done in a trial at NIH (RF ablation with heat activated chemo). Very good results. One other tumor remaining which couldn'y be done due to central location around vein (which would carry away the heat). If the chemo I'm doing now doesn't work for that, I may try cyberknife radiation. Although that application is still in a trial stage I have heard some good results. Has anyone else ablated liver tumors with cyberknife or other focussed beam radiation and what were the results and side effects?

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”