Off topic ... for MisJV

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
IssyP

Off topic ... for MisJV

Postby IssyP » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:58 am

Hi,

You mentioned that you are near Tampa.....are you close to St. Pete's Beach? We were there this summer (from Ontario, Canada) and we totally fell in love. My dad (dx with rectal cancer) is soooo looking forward to next summer as we will be taking him and my mom down......I know they'll love it too!

How is the weather by the way? I keep tabs on the area through Bay9 News webcams.......makes me wish I lived there.....do they need teachers and professional engineers?????? :lol:

Take care!

IssyP

missjv

Postby missjv » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:28 pm

hi issy,
i am south of tampa near sarasota. actually i think they do need good teachers in florida but i know the pay sucks i am a substitute and the pay is not great but luckily i have my real job with a veterinarian that i have had for almost 20 years so i sub maybe a total of 2 weeks a year. it is nice here i have been here since age of 6 im now 40 it has changed alot but i guess it beats shoveling snow. i am originally from virginia and i have family there so i go up there alot to visit and i love the fall when the leaves change and the temps are a little cool but not cold. well good luck with your dad and please keep on top of his doc. i have a very small cancerous polyp removed and i was told margins are clear for cancer, the stalk that the polyp grew from had no cancer, me cea is 2, and i was told i was just fine no need to worry polypectomy completely removed the cancer. well luckily im a paranoid freak and got a cat scan as precaution and i have 3 well had 3 very small lesions on my liver which bumped me up from everything is fine to a stage 4 cancer. if i did not be persistant and not had cat scan, a few years down the road my cancer would have taken over and i would have no chance to beat it because docs told me go away im fine and boy were they wrong. so question everything they say they might get irritated but too bad you need to keep on your toes with your dad. i don't want to scare you i just want you to be aware of how things can happen.

missjv

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”