FOR MUSICLOVER

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
missjv

FOR MUSICLOVER

Postby missjv » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:03 am

HI,
try and get mark to m.d. anderson asap. i would not mess around with trials at this point go and get another opinion from md anderson i have known quite a few people who have gone there for various different cancers and say they are great and they treat you like a human being. from the way you describe mark it sounds like he does not have time to waste if he is not working he can apply for social security benefits and medicare to help with medical expenses md anderson from what i was told will except medicare it is worth the try the longer he gets the run around where you are at and no treatment the worse he is going to get and there are so many new treatment options available. a couple of years ago they would not do resections on liver mets where there was spread to other areas such as lungs now they can do surgery on both liver and lung mets also there is a hepatic artery pump that sends chemo directly to liver that can shrink his lesions to where they might be operable. md anderson is a leader in these types of procedures and a plane trip from la to houston is not far, hell im leaving florida for new york for treatment it will take several trips but well worth it if it can save my life and im breaking the piggy bank to do it i have crappy insurance it will pay a majority but i am responsible for 40% of anything done out of my little network. also if mark can't swing air fare there are services that provide air transportation to folks for free that have to go out of town for treatment they are pilots who donate their time and alot of companies donate their corporate jets it is called angel flights i believe.

missjv

missjv

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”