Stomach Pain

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!

Stomach Pain

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:01 am

Has anyone had pain due to chemo or a keloid scar after having colon surgery. I had surgery 7/3 stage 2, foot and a half of colon removed along with a polyp. Left side of stomach is swollen where pain comes and goes. Was told fluorouracil leucovorin causes stomach pain. Oncologist said it was keloid scar and nothing could be done, just live with it. Primary mentioned hernia. Going back to surgeon this week to see what he says. Pain started after 2nd chemo treatment. Any response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

missjv

Postby missjv » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:23 am

hi,
don't know what that could be. the pain could be from chemo but i would make sure. i have had 5 chemos and no stomach pain but yet your surgery was way bigger then mine i just had a polyp removed by polypectomy. i would for sure keep up on it cause strange things can and do happen. im a stage 4 with liver mets do to a 1 1/2mm polyp very rare to have happened but yet here i am so please keep on top of anything you feel is not right. good luck.

missjv

Maggie

Postby Maggie » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:37 am

Hi!
It's been almost 6 years since my surgery and I still have some stomach pains here and there, but they aren't terrible. I've gone through a bunch of testing, etc and the doctors basically said it was scar tissue and there wasn't much they could do besides go in and clean it out, which would most likely cause more scar tissue. But, I would look into the hernia aspect for sure. My mom had laproscopic colon surgery (not due to cancer) and it herniated. She ended up having another surgery and hasn't quite been the same since.
Good luck!!!
Maggie

missjv

Postby missjv » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:45 am

HI MAGGIE,
WELL 6 YEARS THEN IT PROBABLY IS SCAR TISSUE I HAD A HYSTERECTOMY LAST YEAR AND I GET A LITTLE PAIN AROUND WHERE THEY WENT IN WHICH WAS ALSO WHERE THEY DID C SECTION BEFORE HYSTERECTOMY SO IM FULL OF SCAR TISSUE. I WOULD STILL DOUBLE CHECK TO MAKE SURE CAUSE STRANGE THINGS HAPPEN IM A VERY RARE CASE OF COLON CANCER THAT HAS SPREAD TO THE LIVER FROM A VERY SMALL POLYP. HOPING SINCE MY CASE IS RARE THEN A CURE FOR ME IS POSSIBLE????????

MISSJV

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”