Stool Antigen Test and colonoscopy

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
DarknessEmbraced
Facebook Username: Riann Fletcher

Stool Antigen Test and colonoscopy

Postby DarknessEmbraced » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:49 am

My GI said he would do a colonoscopy for my peace of mind. The colonoscopy isn't scheduled until October 28th because everything is very slow here. He's ordering a stool antigen test because he said that H Pylori could cause the bloating, feeling full all of the time and weight loss. He said once we find out about the H Pylori test we could talk about maybe doing another upper endoscopy. Back in March I had an episode of intense burning pain in my upper abdomen radiating to my upper back on the right. He mentioned the pancreas could cause that issue and gallbladder. He didn't mention anything about gallbladder testing. He said about taking an acid reducer. I can't take PPIs because they are bad for my bones. I had osteoporosis in the past and was on generic fosamax until my endocrinologist took me off of it at the end of 2019. My bone density scan two years ago showed osteopenia. I'm due for another bone density scan this year. Maybe it is H Pylori. Does anyone have any experience with H Pylori and if so what were your symptoms?
Diagnosed 10/28/14, age 36
Colon Resection 11/20/14, LAR (no illeo)
Stage 2a colon cancer, T3NOMO
Lymph-vascular invasion undetermined
0/22 lymph nodes
No chemo, no radiation
Clear Colonoscopy 04/29/15
NED 10/20/15
Ischemic Colitis 01/21/16
NED 11/10/16
CT Scan moved up due to high CEA 08/21/17
NED 09/25/17
NED 12/21/18
Clear colonoscopy 09/23/19
Clear 5 year scans 11/21/19- Considered cured! :)

Green Tea

Re: Stool Antigen Test and colonoscopy

Postby Green Tea » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:51 pm

DarknessEmbraced wrote:... Does anyone have any experience with H Pylori and if so what were your symptoms?

A number of members here have had experiences with H Pylori. You can do a search here with keywords HELICOBACTER PYLORI to see what they have to say.

If you are going to do a Stool Antigen Test, be sure to follow the instructions closely so that you don't invalidate the test. In particular, you need to stop all the meds that they mention:
https://lifelabs.azureedge.net/lifelabs-wp-cdn/2018/09/Helicobacter-pylori-Stool-Antigen.pdf.

Your doctor already did a biopsy test for H. Pylori for you some time ago and it turned out to be negative. Has he changed his mind in the mean time?

And what about the Gastric Emptying Test that you had? What did the gastroenterologist have to say about that?
DarknessEmbraced wrote:... I have a telephone appointment with my GI on April 7th to go over the results of the gastric emptying test...

DarknessEmbraced
Facebook Username: Riann Fletcher

Re: Stool Antigen Test and colonoscopy

Postby DarknessEmbraced » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:53 am

Thank you. When my GI did an upper endoscopy(gastroscopy) I don't think he took any biopsies. He only wants to check f or H Pylori because it can cause bloating, make me feel full, and can cause weight loss. I wish I didn't have to wait until October 28th for the colonoscopy but his receptionist said that he has an extremely long wait list therefore I have no choice.
Diagnosed 10/28/14, age 36
Colon Resection 11/20/14, LAR (no illeo)
Stage 2a colon cancer, T3NOMO
Lymph-vascular invasion undetermined
0/22 lymph nodes
No chemo, no radiation
Clear Colonoscopy 04/29/15
NED 10/20/15
Ischemic Colitis 01/21/16
NED 11/10/16
CT Scan moved up due to high CEA 08/21/17
NED 09/25/17
NED 12/21/18
Clear colonoscopy 09/23/19
Clear 5 year scans 11/21/19- Considered cured! :)

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”