ASPARTAMENE

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
NICK THE BRIT

ASPARTAMENE

Postby NICK THE BRIT » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:58 am

Hi folks, as the majority of you guys are from the states, i just wanted to confirm is Aspartamene (sweetener) banned over there. I have a book on cancer nutrition and also its been in the papers over here, that the above mentioned is a cancer agent. I mean the book states that sugar feeds cancer but what is worse sugar or the sweetner with aspartamene. I notice you guys talk about Gatorade to re-hydrate etc. Well our equivalent over here is called Powerade, but low and behold its got the damn ingrediant in it!!!

Regards to all

Nick (a lover and a fighter) :roll:

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:43 am

No, we still have it. LOTS of it. My oncologist says there's no PROVEN link to cancer, but a lot of stuff is suspected to cause or contribute to cancer. His best advice is moderation in everything and basic healthy lifestyle. That and absolutely no smoking and choosing your parents well.

tandys24

It figures!

Postby tandys24 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:56 pm

You know its funny they tell you to stay away from certain things but then like you said they tell you to drink gatorade to get hydrated, its even more funny because that is all i have been drinking this week because of being so sick with the chemo. Thanks for the post!

Never give up, Always Believe!
Lisa

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:09 pm

I've been drinking Propel. Do you have that there? Gatorade makes it. It doesn't have all the electrolytes in it, but it has some vitamins and a little flavor. I haven't been very sick, so I'm not too worried about hydration. I just like to flush the chemo out and I get bored with plain water after a while.

NICK THE BRIT

Postby NICK THE BRIT » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:05 am

Never heard of that one. Im not being sick just feeling it for about 7 days after the oxaliplatin. And due to not being able to have cold drinks in the 7 days. Its just plain old tea and coffee.

missjv

Postby missjv » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:41 am

HI NICK,
IT IS SAD BUT ALOT OF FOOD OVER HERE HAS ASPARTAME IN IT LIKE YOGURT AND MOST OF OUR FAT FREE CRAP TO ADD SWEET FLAVOR. REGULAR SUGAR IS BEST I THINK IF IT IS USED IN MODERATION INSTEAD OF SOME FAKE CHEMICAL SWEETNER THAT CAUSES CANCER IN RATS. IM BEGINNING TO THINK THAT GROWING MY OWN GARDEN AND GROWING MY OWN FRUIT TREES IS THE WAY TO GO CAUSE LOOK AT ALL THE PEOPLE WITH CANCER NOT JUST COLON BUT ALL FORMS IT IS CRAZY AND OUR FOOD SOURCES ARE PROBABLY THE MAIN CAUSE. FAT FREE FOOD HERE IN U.S. IS ABOUT THE WORST THING TO EAT BECAUSE IT IS SO LOADED WITH FLAVOR ENHANCING CHEMICALS. IM SEEING A NUTRITIONIST NOW AND PLENTY OF FRUITS, VEGGIES AND EXERCISE IS A BIGGY IN THE PREVENTION OF COLON CANCER AND FOR CC REOCCURRANCE AS WELL SO EVERYONE GET OFF YOUR BUTTS AND GO EXERCISE 30 MINUTES A DAY.

MISSJV

NICK THE BRIT

Postby NICK THE BRIT » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:08 am

Wise words Missjv. You just dont know where to to turn do you. I mean other than food, sometimes can't help getting paranoid regarding household objects. Cordless phones, wireless routers, microwaves, mobiles!!!!

missjv

Postby missjv » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:35 pm

HI NICK,
WELL I JUST SPOKE TO A MAN IN THE MARKET TODAY AND HE WAS TELLING ME ABOUT THOSE MICROWAVE BOX DINNERS AND THE PLASTIC THAT THEY ARE COOKED IN RELEASES TOXINS INTO THE FOOD. LIKE I SAID IT IS TIME TO START GROWING OUR OWN FOOD THATS THE ONLY WAY WE WILL KNOW WHAT WE ARE EATING. ALSO SAW ON MY LOCAL NEWS HERE ABOUT A THING CALLED BENZINE IT IS CANCER CAUSING AND IT IS IN ALOT OF DRINKS LIKE CRYSTAL LIGHT AND CERTAIN SODAS. 2 INGREDIANTS IN THESE TYPE OF DRINKS COMBINED MAKE BENZINE WHICH IS A CARCINOGENIC. SO WHAT DO WE DO????????? QUIT EATING? WE ARE ON A WATCH OVER HERE FOR ECOLI FROM FRESH SPINACH. 1 OF THE BEST FOODS YOU CAN POSSIBLY EAT NOW WE HAVE A ECOLI ALERT ON IT CAUSE THEY WATERED THE FIELDS WITH TREATED SEWER WATER. WHAT THE HELL?????? I GUESS START READING LABELS REAL GOOD AND WATCH OUT FOR FROZEN MICROWAVE DINNERS.

MISSJV

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:20 pm

I've heard about the benzine thing. It doesn't cause cancer itself, but in combination with other soda ingredients it forms a carcinogen. Spooky. I've slurped up diet sodas for years. It'll be hard to give them up. But I'll do whatever it takes.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”