Cancer scare/symtoms.

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
TheSwedishJoker
Facebook Username: hugonilssonmeier

Cancer scare/symtoms.

Postby TheSwedishJoker » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:41 pm

Hey, everyone. I am 22 y/o male with ulcerative colitis. I have also been very anxious and scared that I have different kinds of diseases, cancer being the most frequent.

Since last sunday my stomach's been acting up. On sunday I had a diarrhea attack where the toilet water got completely black. Since then I have had constipation and my poop has changed colours many times since. The same sunday it was black and then it turned yellow/light brown (water turns yellow).

Today I was able to see some light red blood within my stool, but once again the water turned yellow. I am currently also experiencing some pressure/pain on the sides of my stomach. I also sometimes get some pain in the area underneath my belly button. I also burp and fart more often than I used to and I feel like I get full pretty early when I eat. I handed in a stool test this monday and was already scheduled to talk to a dr over the phone on next wednesday but these symtoms have made me feel worse mentally. The doctor told me to hold out until wednesday and I also called the help line here in Sweden and the lady told me that it might be something related to my Ulcerative colitis (which I doubt since I have never had constipation in relation to that or with these symtoms since I got the diagnosis)

Is there anyone with similar situations/ symtoms? So sorry if this is too much or not allowed. It's my first time here and I got redirected from the colon cancer reddit.

KimT

Re: Cancer scare/symtoms.

Postby KimT » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:25 am

Every thing you have described is associated with ulcerative colitis which you know you have. When it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it’s just a duck.

Perhaps you need to address your anxiety about your health with your doctor. Good luck.
2/10 dx colon cancer
right hemicolectomy 3/19/10
Stage 2a 0/43 nodes
Lynch syndrome
3/14/10 colon resection/ removal of metal clips
Nov 11 dx ovarian cancer

Lee

Postby Lee » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:14 pm

Agree with KimT.

Me I had no symptons. Many years ago, my mother ended up in the ER, rectal bleeding & lots of pain. They did a colonoscopy, no cancer, not even one polyp, just a bad case of diverticulitis.

Hope this helps,

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

boxhill

Postby boxhill » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:32 pm

I think it is perfectly natural to be anxious if you have a drastic change in symptoms.

Nevertheless, it does sound more likely that this is your known disease acting up. In any case, you'll know more in a few days. I hope it turns out well for you.
F, 64 at DX CRC Stage IV
3/17/18 blockage, r hemi
11 of 25 LN,5 mesentery nodes
5mm liver met
pT3 pN2b pM1
BRAF wild, KRAS G12D
dMMR, MSI-H
5/18 FOLFOX
7/18 and 11/18 CT NED
12/18 MRI 5mm liver mass, 2 LNs in porta hepatis
12/31/18 Keytruda
6/19 Multiphasic CT LNs normal, Liver stable
6/28/19 Pause Key, predisone for joint pain
7/31/19 Restart Key
9/19 CT stable
Pain: all fails but Celebrex
12/23/19 CT stable
5/20 MRI stable/NED
6/20 Stop Key
All MRIs NED

Brearmstrong

Postby Brearmstrong » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:23 pm

My 22 year old son has had UC for 5 years now. UC and Chron's can act very strangely and symptoms can come and go with long periods of remission, etc. The multiple medications used to control symptoms often stop working just like chemo with us cancer patients. I wouldn't worry. This is something that your GI dr should be able to pinpoint what's going on right now. Sounds like a flare and you just need to get in under control. Best wishes.

Brenda
50 F diag 1/17
Muc Adeno 4cm
mod diff G2 T4aN2
nodes 8/50
CEA 4.6 after surgery <.05
KRAS G12D MSS
FOLFOX Apr-sep 17
Nov 17 PET p aortic nodes Stage IV
Folfori w/avastin
May 18 surgery on nodes xeloda 2yr
Aug 18-May 20 NED
July 20 hysterectomy
July 21 vats right lung
Clinical trial- failed liver Mets biopsy shows now poorly differentiated carcinoma.
HAI pump at MSK may 2022
Nov met to pancreas- causing pain
Radiation ablation to pancreas Dec 22
New lung Mets watch and wait

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”