Thank you, I feel like a broken record when I share my concerns here , but I appreciate every reply. and I TOTALLY agree about the DR. we have had insurance issues, lost ours and are paying for COBRA $$ at the moment, DH had finally gone back to work and was just laid off again... when it rains it pours.boxhill wrote:Where is/was your husband's primary tumor and has it been resected? Does/did he have suspected or confirmed lymph node involvement? Has there been any discussion of a plan to get him to resection and hopefully NED? Have you considered the possibility of the HAI pump?
Primary is sigmoid colon, no lymph node invlovlvemnt, no this Dr is totally negative about resection, and NED, yes the HAI pump has definately been on the forefront of my mind,
From what you say in this post it sounds as if his onc decided that since he had liver mets he was "inoperable" by the "not immediately curative" standard and that's that. Are you both satisfied with that? Have you sought a second opinion from, say, Dr. Kemeny at MSK? His dr. insists that both lobes of liver having "large " tumors as well as inumerable small extinguish the possibility of surgery , no not satisfied, yes we want to contact Dr. Kemeny and have every intention even more now than prior
Also, what are the genetic characteristics of his tumor, such as KRAS/BRAF/MSS or MSI, and what is his TNM? he is wild type no KRAS /BRAF .. don't know about MSS/MSI or TMN I don't think he had testing for that
I'm sorry, I can't comment on the CEA question, but I think there is a lot of other important info to consider.
ETA: I looked up your earlier posts and now I remember who you are! I THINK YOU NEED A DIFFERENT ONCOLOGIST. No matter what the scan says.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests