Good morning to all, I have a question regarding chemo and treatment, my DH had a CEA level increase back in June, his Dr ordered a PET scan but the scan didn't reveal anything suspect, she then decided to hold off on doing CEA tests for a bit as they can cause unnecessary anxiety, at his last treatment at the end of sept. she wanted to schedule a CT scan, he requested to wait until Oct. as he just began a new job and is trying to keep his time off low. she replied to his request with, "it's your life'
She apparently decided to do a CEA at that appt. (Sept 25), Today his level was uploaded in his chart online, it went from 582 (June 15) to 1474 (Sept 25 ), I am shaking as I type this, he doesn't know he's at work, his Dr. hasn't called, but I see she notated this in his chart :
He does not want to get a repeat CAT scan until end of October at least then later in the chart she has THIS !!!!
Patient has been refusing a restaging CAT scan does not want to do it even for the next cycle wants to wait 26 weeks more. (this is UNTRUE)
I am currently at complete odds with all of this, I know what we need to do, I am just freaking out, this is all too much to bear right now, we havn't sought out any other Dr at this point as we're trying to keep insurance, we had to strat paying COBRA, until his insurance kicks in, I feel like im drowning, if anyone feels they can spare a ray of sunshine I am more than happy to receive.
Moni : |
Oct 2019 56 yo Husband DX'd
Stage 4 MCC
Colon thickening w/ apple core 3.9 cm area
Liver mets both lobes 10.4 x 7.6 cm & 9.3 x 7.7cm
innumerable small lesions
Oct 2019 Liver Biopsy
CEA Dec '19 . 3,028
Dec 2019-present 5FU, Avastin & Oxaliplatin
Jan '20. CEA 1861.8
Feb '20 CT mets 9.4cm x 6.5 & 8.0 x 6.7 cm
April '20 CEA 411.1
May '20 CT mets 8.6cm x 6.3 & 5.7 x 6.1 cm