re: Correct name of trial - E7208. Anyone heard of this

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
musiclover

re: Correct name of trial - E7208. Anyone heard of this

Postby musiclover » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:25 am

I would love to hear from anyone who's heard of this very new trial for stage IV rectal cancer patients. Any news would be appreciated. Thanks.

Eileen

Clinical Trial

Postby Eileen » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:53 pm

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the correct trial--- the protocol ID is a bit different.

Study of the Safety and Efficacy of E7820 Plus Cetuximab in Colorectal Cancer.

Trial Lead Organizations/Sponsors

EISAI INC.

Daniel Rossignol, Ph.D. Study Director

Eisai Medical Services Ph: 1-888-422-4743

Good luck :)
Love and Prayers,
Eileen
Stage IIIB

musiclover

Postby musiclover » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:14 am

Eileen, thanks so much for your posts. You have given me the correct info - the doctor seems to have been wrong about the number. I'm going to do some research on this ASAP now that I have something to go by.

Can you please let me know what regimen you were on? Are you all done? Thanks again so much. This is pretty devistating for my friend. The doctor is pressuring him to go on this trial as opposed to going on the more traditional irinotecan and erbitux. He said there is only a 10% recovery with this combo. People on the ACS site have been having favorable results. 10% is better than no % in my book.

Talk with you soon.

Eileen

Postby Eileen » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:52 am

Hello again,

Please have your friend get a second opinion as well. Read the recent post from missjv. I have seen other post like this one too. Don't delay treatment but contiune to shop around.

Your friend does not have to delay participating in the trial but he can shop around and do more research while in the trial. If this is a phase II trial, it may be a drug safety trial. Have your friend ask what phase trial it is, and if it is a phase II how the participants are doing so far.

I was on FOLFOX (Oxaliplatin/5-Fluorouracil/Leucovorin) which was state of the art at the time. But since then other drugs and other protocols have been developed.

What all has been done for your friend so far?
Please keep us posted. Let him know I am praying for him.
Love and Prayers,

Eileen

Stage IIIB

musiclover

More on Mark

Postby musiclover » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:33 am

Eileen
Thanks to you I was able to find a little something out about that drug in the trial, very little but lots more than I had. The doctor gave me the wrong number.

The records take forever because the County Hospital is for poor people and is painstakingly show in all that they do with the amount of patients they handle. I would love to get a lawyer. I'm thinking of taking Mark to Texas and getting another opinion there. He has no health insurance so that will cost a small fortune but according to everything I've read, they (MD Anderson) are the best.

Mark initially had radiation and Xeloda. Surgery, discovery of liver nodules after waiting two months for a scan. Then discovery of nodules in lungs. Then the trial of Oxiliplatin, Avastin and Xeloda which worked great at first and after six months created the new problem. I'm having my doubts about chemo in general. He just seems to get deeper into hell with each treatment. Anyway I appreciate your feedback. I'll let you know how it it goes with oncologist number 2 next week.

Kathryn

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”