Tumor deposits in adipose tissue

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Lcayer69
Facebook Username: Lisa Cayer

Tumor deposits in adipose tissue

Postby Lcayer69 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:12 pm

I was recently diagnosed 7/14/20. I had a Sigmoid colon resection on 7/27. I just received my pathology results 8/6- all 15 nodes were negative but they found tumor deposits in my adipose tissue. I meet with oncologist 8/26. Has anyone had experience with this and what options I may be presented. Anything I should consider before my appointment?

Nordy1

Re: Tumor deposits in adipose tissue

Postby Nordy1 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:28 pm

Hi, welcome

I’m no expert but in my case the tumor deposits were a factor in my Onc.suggesting full chemo Of 12 rounds as tumor deposits are local disease progression. The fact that you have no lymph nodes positive as well as the TDs is positive news for you as I understand it.

I would suggest making a list of questions and go into the meeting with a request of recording the visit on your phone Voice app - as they may go into a lot of details and it’s really hard to retain everything they have to say.

It’s all pretty overwhelming for the first few months and I honestly found it easier to just concentrate on “The Plan” week to week.

Something I didn’t do and regret was to talk openly with my team on how I was really feeling - physically or mentally, rather then just saying everything was OK, not to bad, or could be worse. They can’t help what they don’t know- so don’t be a hero...or a martyr

Take care of yourself, find someone to talk to and come back here often,

Nordy1
jan 2018 emergency room via ambulance rectal bleeding event
dx Feb 2018 sigmoid adenocarcinoma 2.5 cm, 3 small extranodal foci resected march 2018
stage 3A T1 n1c
multiple indeterminent nodes in liver, lungs and kidney
11 rounds folfox with oxyplatin stopped with full nephropathy of hands and feet
currently waiting next scan in Feb. 2019

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”