HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
weisssoccermom

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!

Postby weisssoccermom » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:46 am

This world is so crazy right now...COVID-19 and all that goes with that, protests and in the case with this board...cancer always lurking....lets just try to have this one day off from all of these problems and enjoy our 4th of July. That being said, just celebrate with your close, immediate family and above all...BE SAFE!!

Tell us all how you are celebrating.....post something about your day...what you are going to do, where you are going to celebrate...maybe even what you plan to eat. For our Canadian friends, a belated Happy Canada Day (July 1st)!!!

We are at our beach condo at Ocean Shores, WA...pretty much doing nothing. Watching for the deer (have seen a mommy and her twins a few times right outside here), going into town once before the crowds came and got an ice cream but otherwise just walking on the beach and enjoying the time we have here. Hand is still in a cast from my surgery 6 weeks ago...thankfully that will be coming off on Tuesday if not before (its really loose now). Typical 4th of July dinner...bbq chicken, corn on the cob, baked potatoes, jello salad and homemade ice cream. Will sit on the beach tonight, make a bonfire with smores and watch the fireworks from down the beach. Doing our social distancing.

I hope all of you have a wonderful happy time and even though this year will certainly be different because of COVID-19, you can still enjoy some festivities...even if they are done virtually.

J
Dx 6/22/2006 IIA rectal cancer
6 wks rad/Xeloda -finished 9/06
1st attempt transanal excision 11/06
11/17/06 XELOX 1 cycle
5 months Xeloda only Dec '06 - April '07
10+ blood clots, 1 DVT 1/07
transanal excision 4/20/07 path-NO CANCER CELLS!
NED now and forever!
Perform random acts of kindness

CRguy

Re: HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!

Postby CRguy » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:19 pm

Yes ... sending I - FIVES and a
Happy fourth to all U.S. homies south of the 49th and west of Cape Alava

Hope y'all get some good weather
We had a shitty Canad'eh 1st with JUNEuary weather = cold and rainy :twisted:

Cheers all :mrgreen:
stay SAFEREST !

CRguy
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

Lee

Postby Lee » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:16 pm

Happy 4th of July,

We are laying low this year. Was suppose to get together with some friends later today, pot luck dinner. Butt we found out yesterday, their daughter has got the virus. She is not doing well as of yesterday. Nausea and the worst headache she has ever had. She got it from her coworker. She is very mad at him right now. The share ride to the job, they were half way there when he informed her his wife tested positive for the virus. What :shock: And you are going to work. Guess neither he or his wife feel sick. Once at job site, she informed the manager who sent them both home.

She gave it to him that she has a young son and an elderly grandmother at the house. She takes great steps not to bring the virus into the house, and that he most likely ruined that barrier. Less than 24hrs later, she started feeling sick. Waiting to get confirmation, butt we are assuming she has it. I hate this virus.

We will be having a Vietnam Vet spend the day with us. In our house he is family. Will .cook a dinner, shoot off a few low key fireworks in our cul-du-sac and call it a day.

Be safe out there,

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

I_will_fight

Postby I_will_fight » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:58 pm

Happy 4th of July to all americans.

In my country we don´t feel patriotic ever (except perhaps when we win at soccer), so I was always jealous of americans as they seeem to be able to put their differences behind them and celebrate their common history and culture.

JC
46 yo male Spain
06/2020 - 6cm T3N0M0 CC splenic flex
3 and 4 mm lung ground glass
lymp 0/37
dMMR MSH6
KRAS mt G13D
V/LNI absent
PNI present
07/20 - hemicol surg, optimistic surgeon.
11/20 - 4 x CAPOX completed.
12/20 - Clear colonoscopy
02/21 - MRI liver lesion unchanged.
11/21 - Clear CT
02/22- Colonoscopy: Sessil polyp 3mm
05/22- Clear CT
06/22- Negative Signatera
12/22- Negative Signatera
01/23- Clear CT
07/23- Clear CT, normal markers.
09/23 - Negative Signatera
01/24 - Clear CT