beach sunrise wrote:What did/does your plan consist of?
beach sunrise wrote:Do you feel like you were/are being monitored enough?
beach sunrise wrote:In hindsight, is there anything you would have pushed for more during surveillance?
Below is a sample checklist to help determine if the appropriate steps have been completed to transition the patient to survivorship-focused care. You can also download a modifiable version of this checklist.
1. Does the patient have an established relationship with a PCP?
2. Has the survivorship care plan (SCP) been transmitted to the PCP or provider in charge of long-term follow-up care?
3. Have additional resources, such as guidelines, been provided to the PCP?
4. Has patient received the SCP?
5. Has the patient been given the opportunity to review the SCP with a member of the care team?
6. Has the transition of care been clearly communicated to the patient so that s/he understands who will be the lead in coordination of care?
I would refer you to my signature link Review of my Journey so farbeach sunrise wrote:What did/does your plan consist of?
Yes, both times : we had good monitoring post-resection and post met !Do you feel like you were/are being monitored enough?
In hindsight, is there anything you would have pushed for more during surveillance?
beach sunrise wrote:Thank you so much, Rob!!! I just put your surveillance plan in my notes. Are you under onc or surgeon? I'm thinking I might request to be under surgeon.
beach sunrise wrote:thank you!!! I have until Monday to get a surveillance plan in place to compare to the one onc thinks. My gut tells me he will only have the minimum required so I need to be prepared.
beach sunrise wrote:My onc is very conservative... He really just wants me to follow along blindly... I have to advocate for myself ... I really need to get some extra markers done for the now benefit or potentially later...
beach sunrise wrote:...Its like pulling teeth to get onc to give me a copy of anything. So frustrating.
beach sunrise wrote:... He never did answer my question, lol. I don't think he likes self educated patients.
beach sunrise wrote:... I am getting all my reports together and will give them to surgeon, gyn, thyroid dr, cardiologist, family dr. One way or another I will get the surveillance I believe I need being high risk for stage IV...
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 49 guests