Some CEA studies I found interesting

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
zx10guy

Re: Some CEA studies I found interesting

Postby zx10guy » Mon May 18, 2020 12:30 pm

beach sunrise wrote:Hi zx10guy, have they tested any other cancer markers besides CEA?

No. But he did run a specific test for my liver when things with my CEA got crazy which came back normal. I did ask a while ago about doing a CA 19-9 but he said he feels it's not going to provide any more insight into what is going on.

zx10guy

Re: Some CEA studies I found interesting

Postby zx10guy » Mon May 18, 2020 12:35 pm

stu wrote:Zx10 guy ,

I honestly think you must be source of some research article . Your CEA journey is a stand alone example . It must have caused you a lot of distress over the years . I actually use your history to calm a few people down over here when CEA is spiking with no evidence of a tumour.
Now we are seeing spiking CEA following covid 19 . With the inflammatory nature of the virus it is one to factor in just now .
Stay safe and I do miss your photos . Especially just now .
Take care ,
Stu

Hi Stu,

I wonder if someone should be doing a deep dive into my situation as it's been pretty unique. It's the same as that Taiwanese women that was a subject of that medical publication I linked to. Except with her situation, they were not able to do some of the tests I had done due to the nationalized insurance. She didn't have a PET done. I did along with an MRI which she didn't have done.

It's interesting Covid-19 is causing CEA elevations. Are there any published articles on this?

Thanks for the well wishes. Extending the same to you. And thank you about my photos. I started an Instagram page where I was going to put in my favorite photos. For whatever reason, I was having problems uploading pictures from my laptop and was only able to do it via my phone which is not easy. I guess I need to get back to the project. I'll find the pictures thread and post up some recent ones I did. I'm appreciative I have a fan. I feel I'm still learning how to be good at taking pictures.

Take care.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”