Looking for outpatient in NJ

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
cptmac
Facebook Username: Dorothy McGrath

Looking for outpatient in NJ

Postby cptmac » Wed May 06, 2020 9:25 pm

Hi everyone,

Through having cancer, I'm on the board for the Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging. Wow right!.

Anyhoo, an MD doing research is looking for an outpatient patient. Please call if interested.

Thank you.

I spoke to my small group that’s launching grassroots effort for HR 3772. We are currently looking for patients living in NJ and seeking care in the hospital outpatient setting (ideally). The aim is to have 3-way calls with a patient, physician and legislator. Does the PAAB know anyone that may be interested? I would have to interview them first. The interview should take less than 30 minutes.

Thanks and have a good weekend!

Christina Arenas, JD, MPH

Associate Director, Health Policy

(P): 703.326.1190 | (F): 703.708.9777
cptmac
As long as you're alive, there is hope.
dx 7/04 stage IV
colon resection 8/04
liver resection 9/04 with HAI pump installed
Stage II trial w irinotecan as systemic and FUDR for direct chemo to liver via HAI pump
Cured since 9/04

JJH

Re: Looking for outpatient in NJ

Postby JJH » Thu May 07, 2020 1:55 am

cptmac wrote:Hi everyone,

Through having cancer, I'm on the board for the Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging. Wow right!.

Anyhoo, an MD doing research is looking for an outpatient patient. Please call if interested.

Thank you.

cptmac

Christina Arenas wrote:I spoke to my small group that’s launching grassroots effort for HR 3772. We are currently looking for patients living in NJ and seeking care in the hospital outpatient setting (ideally). The aim is to have 3-way calls with a patient, physician and legislator. Does the PAAB know anyone that may be interested? I would have to interview them first. The interview should take less than 30 minutes.

Thanks and have a good weekend!

Christina Arenas, JD, MPH

Associate Director, Health Policy
(P): 703.326.1190 | (F): 703.708.9777

The Medicare Diagnostic Radiopharmaceutical Payment Equity Act of 2019 (H.R. 3772) addresses structural issues in the packaging methodology used in the Medicare outpatient setting, giving patients greater access to a slew of much needed diagnostic radiopharmaceuticals.

“Under the current Medicare Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS), cutting-edge, effective radiopharmaceutical drugs are inappropriately packaged, which limits patient access and discourages innovation,” said Terri Wilson, Senior Director of Patient Access and Healthcare Policy at Blue Earth Diagnostics and current Chair of the MITA PET Group. “The Medicare Diagnostic Radiopharmaceutical Payment Equity Act of 2019 fixes this structural flaw, allowing patients much-needed access to diagnostic radiopharmaceuticals for life-threatening conditions.”

https://www.medicalimaging.org/2019/07/ ... t-of-2019/
Hey, cptmac - Nice to see you checking in again and giving us a reminder that there are indeed 15-year survivors around who are still very active in the profession. Looking forward to your next annual update with your smiley avatar !
"The darkest hour is just before the dawn" - Thomas Fuller (1650)
●●●

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”