Colon Camp Cancelled => March 27/2020

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Phuong
Facebook Username: Phuong Ly Gallagher

Colon Camp Cancelled => March 27/2020

Postby Phuong » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:44 am

Family, we are sad to share that we have made the very difficult decision to cancel this year's Colon Camp. The following letter has been shared with all applicants.

Dear Applicant,

I hope this message finds you and your families well during a very stressful time in our country's
history. As cancer patients and caregivers, we are not strangers to the kind of stress and many of
the protocols everyone in the country is dealing with right now. I hope that not only are you
coping, but that you can be a source of support for others adjusting to their new normal.

Typically, at The Colon Club, this would be the exciting time of contacting a group of patients and
caregivers to invite them to Colon Camp. It would be a time of planning, writing and organizing.
Unfortunately, we also know as a cancer family that we must plan things out a little more than
most, and the uncertainty of the current situation has caused us for the first time in our history to
cancel Colon Camp until next year. While we have considered alternative options, we've realized
that there simply is no substitute for the life changing experience of Colon Camp, and to attempt
to do so would shortchange whoever we chose this year with a lesser experience.

There will be no need for you to re-apply next year as we will hold your applications for
consideration to attend next year's retreat. However, you will also have the opportunity to
resubmit or update your application at that time.

I wish all of you as our cancer family and all of us as a world, strength, love, and wisdom in this
trying time. Colon Camp will be back stronger than ever and ready to change lives again next
year. Until then, please stay tuned to the Colon Club for more!

With best wishes from all of us at The Colon Club,
Phuong Gallagher
President
The Colon Club
Phuong
http://sonofamotherlessgoat.net/
dx'd Stage III Rectal (T3 N1 M0)
Now Stage IV mCRC

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”