Mom Develops Post Menopausal Bleeding and Weight Loss

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Muffin1259

Mom Develops Post Menopausal Bleeding and Weight Loss

Postby Muffin1259 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:50 pm

Hi All,

My Mom is postmenopausal and started bleeding last Friday...I've also noted a 7 lb. weight loss in about 1 month...She had been sick with a bad cold back on January 30th and had lost some of her appetite when she was put on Levaquin by her Oncologist...Seems she can't take it...As soon as we stopped the Levoquin on Feb. 3rd per her PCP her appetite seemed to come back...On January 30th her PCP also said she had Macrocystic Anemia....Told me to add a Vitamin B Complex....Noticed that she began losing weight as well as her strength level was very low...Took her off the B Complex on February 20th...Appetite and strength pretty much back to normal...

Well, we were getting ready for chemo last Friday and Mom started the bleeding...They held chemo...She has been on 5-FU and Leucovorin since April of 2016...Actually hit 101 treatments 2 weeks prior... He next CT Scan was scheduled for next week...We moved it up to today...So scared!!! 3 months ago last CT Scan showed there was no metastasis...CEA of 2.6 lowest its ever been (usually between 3.1 and 4.7 and weight of 140-138 ish...Today she weight 133...

Also noticed that her T3 and T4 are rising...She's on Levothyroxine for hypothyroidsim...

Just wondering if anyone can shed some insight.

Thanks in advance!!!

stu

Re: Mom Develops Post Menopausal Bleeding and Weight Loss

Postby stu » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:43 pm

Sorry I can’t shed any light but hope you get a resolution soon .
Hopefully something benign. My friend started bleeding again and it was purely a polyp.
Take care ,
Stu
supporter to my mum who lives a great life despite a difficult diagnosis
stage4 2009 significant spread to liver
2010 colon /liver resection
chemo following recurrence
73% of liver removed
enjoying life treatment free
2016 lung resection
Oct 2017 nice clear scan . Two lung nodules disappeared
Oct 2018. Another clear scan .

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”