I am very worried. Help!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
vj_panda
Facebook Username: Viccel John

I am very worried. Help!

Postby vj_panda » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:36 pm

I am a 20 year old male. I've experienced blood in stools whenever I'm constipated. Today was different because I had this weird poop and I'm too shy to discuss this to my family. It was my first time having dark and fluid-ish poop. From what I've recalled, I only ate pasta and dumplings, and drank juice and yoghurt drink before this happened. I don't have a peace of mind since I've defecated this morning especially I don't have enough money to have a colon check.

ANDRETEXAS

Re: I am very worried. Help!

Postby ANDRETEXAS » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:28 am

First off...don't worry. Stay positive and be proactive. Constipation, along with a hemorrhoid that occasionally acts up, causes my stool to be bloody. The brighter red it is, the more likely it is to be just that. However. you might want to visit a doctor to discuss it and get an opinion which may relieve some of your anxiety. If you're not covered by insurance, a visit to a clinic or doctor to talk about it is still worthwhile. Finally, DO NOT feel shy about discussing ANYTHING with your parents. I am older, but I have had every orifice in my body checked, poked and prodded. This is something that you have to get over if you want to make sure you are having a healthy life. Shyness is not a good reason to avoid understanding what might be wrong with you.
2/10/14 - Colon resect
2/13 - DX- Stage IIIb
6 of 18 lymph nodes cancerous
3/7 - Port placed
3/11 - FOLFOX (12 rds w/full oxi)
8/14 - Chemo finish
8/25 - CT- Inc
9/5 - clean PET
12/10- clean CT

3/2/15 - Clean colonoscopy & port removed
3/4 - clean CT
9/21- clean CT

3/23/16 - clean CT

2/22/17- clean CT

3/21/18 - clean CT
4/1 - clean colonoscopy

3/11/19 - clean CT
9/23 - Five-year release - Annual visits now !

4/13/23 - clean colonoscopy

ONE DAY AT A TIME !

Usmccolon

Re: I am very worried. Help!

Postby Usmccolon » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:43 pm

vj_panda wrote:I am a 20 year old male. I've experienced blood in stools whenever I'm constipated. Today was different because I had this weird poop and I'm too shy to discuss this to my family. It was my first time having dark and fluid-ish poop. From what I've recalled, I only ate pasta and dumplings, and drank juice and yoghurt drink before this happened. I don't have a peace of mind since I've defecated this morning especially I don't have enough money to have a colon check.

Any pain or fever associated with it? Definitely young for it but if you have lower abdominal pain especially if you press on area then maybe diverticulitis. What you describe is how my diverticulitis was, even had black poop once. I would get constipated because my colon was inflamed so it was difficult for things to move through that section. I actually just had part or sigmoid colon removed because of diverticulitis issues and apparently I had it at time of surgery as well. Wasn't that painful either just some intermittent pain without tenderness.

Definitely worth talking to parents and your Dr about your symptoms though.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”