AML Leukeamia to sigmoidectomy.

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
3Lions66

AML Leukeamia to sigmoidectomy.

Postby 3Lions66 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:20 pm

Hello all,

Long time lurker here. Had surgery 12/02/2020. I'm an AML Leukeamia survivor. My GI doc did a biopsy whilst he was evaluating my acute chronic diverticulitis. He said there was a spot that would eventually become cancerous. It took me literally a millisecond to opt for surgery asap.

I had surgery with the Xi DiVinci robot. What I'd like to know is when does this get better? The incision in my pubic area is so black, blue, and yellow. The bruising caused swelling on the sides of my bollocks and penis. I had no idea what I was in store for. Chemo was a walk in the bloody park compared to this. I now have 8-12 small poo's a day. Use to have one large one every morning. So much for routine :D . My current problem is I'm living on a low residue starchy diet. I dearly miss vegetables and sushi. Living on matzo ball soup gets old. Dairy products too high in fat or sugar cause the runs, whilst anything too sugary does the same. Any advice appreciated.

Cheers/Shalom,
Jacob

JJH

Re: AML Leukeamia to sigmoidectomy.

Postby JJH » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:44 am

In the link below is an animated GIF of an incision healing after a laparoscopic LAR for a rectal cancer tumor. You can compare it to your own scar to see how much it differs. https://coloncancersupport.colonclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45031&p=325206#p325206

Also, since you have a long incision from the daVinci procedure , it is especially important to protect it from pressure or stress, otherwise you may find that you rupture the incision and produce what is known as an incisional hernia:

https://coloncancersupport.colonclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59411&p=473380p473380#p473380
"The darkest hour is just before the dawn" - Thomas Fuller (1650)
●●●

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”