SBRT Side Effects?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
James65

SBRT Side Effects?

Postby James65 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:44 pm

Hi All,
I completed my last SBRT treatment for a smallish lung met in the upper left lobe.

I'm wondering what side effects others have experienced and how long they got worse before they got better. Right now I'm exhausted most of the time and have some raspy breathing (nothing too bad). But if I go for much of a walk I get very tired and have a modest amount of pain at the site. All seems normal, but curious how long to expect it to get worse before it gets better.

Thanks all.

James
Diagnosed with stage III rectal tumor (though probably late stage II) January 2006.
Chemo/Radiation
Full APR Surgery
Folfox Chemo
So far NED.
Oops. Liver tumor diagnosed 10/13 after elevated CEA. Liver resection for 5cm tumor 12/6/13. So far so good.
Oops again, one tumor in each lung diagnosed 8/8/16. One too small to deal with and the other resected in late September. Wait and watch for now.
Oops, another lung Met in upper left lobe on edge of previous resection scar 11/11/19.

WarriorSpouse

Re: SBRT Side Effects?

Postby WarriorSpouse » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:29 am

Hey James,
My wife recently had SBRT on two para-aortic nodes and complained about similar pain in the treatment area and being tired. Remember, it is a treatment and it does cause the fight inside of your cells within your body. Inflammation at the site of the SBRT is normal, which is why they postpone scans for several months to avoid false positives. Also, allow your body to recover through adequate rest. Sleep heals the body, so do not be afraid of allowing yourself enough rest. I hope the treatment is working. Please keep us all posted of your progress.
Regards,
WS
D/H 47 years old, 10/2014, Stage IV M/CRC, nodes 12/15, para-aortic, 5 cm sigmoid resection, positive Virchow. KRAS mut, MSS, Highly Differentiated, Lynch Neg, 5FU/LV and Avastin 1 YR (Oxi for 5 months), Zeloda/Bev since 01/2016. 02/2019 recurrence para-nodes, back to 5FU/LV Oxy/Bev. It is working again. "...Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other."-Walter Elliot

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”