Terribly nervous - any thoughts?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
hcmom
Facebook Username: Kathryn Speer

Terribly nervous - any thoughts?

Postby hcmom » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:51 pm

Hi. I have been reading these boards since I had my colonoscopy today. I am hoping someone has thoughts, insights, or encouragement. I had a colonoscopy 5 years ago and it was clear (well, they biopsied red patch and negative). Since I had BC in 2012 I see an oncologist for reg bloodwork every 6 months (db; mastecomy and BC caught earlier - so far so good). Because of cancer history - I had another colonoscopy today 5 years later and the doctor found a 1.5-inch polyp. It sounds like from the report it is in the rectum area. She did do a biopsy (did not take the entire thing out). She said it is 50/50 that it is cancer. I think the word sessile is in the report. I am scared to death. I have so many questions. But after reading it sounds like it is the size of the polyp that concerned her.

Few things. My CEA has been "normal" every 6 months as we do with my oncologist. I had a CT pelvic exam 5 months ago - issues with bladder- and there were no issues reported for liver, colon, bladder, uterus, etc. Does this all sound good?

I am just wondering if colorectal cancer is slow-growing - how did a polyp all of a sudden show-up? Anyhow, I am trying to be realistic that due to the size - it doesn't sound good. I know she said that if it is cancer I have to see another doctor to "stage" it and take pictures (something like this). And then meet with oncologist/surgeon etc.

Anyone have a similar story? Thank you. I am preparing for the worst. Been down this road before.

DarknessEmbraced
Facebook Username: Riann Fletcher

Re: Terribly nervous - any thoughts?

Postby DarknessEmbraced » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:41 pm

I'm sorry you're going through this and I hope you won't have to wait long for biopsy results!*hugs*
Diagnosed 10/28/14, age 36
Colon Resection 11/20/14, LAR (no illeo)
Stage 2a colon cancer, T3NOMO
Lymph-vascular invasion undetermined
0/22 lymph nodes
No chemo, no radiation
Clear Colonoscopy 04/29/15
NED 10/20/15
Ischemic Colitis 01/21/16
NED 11/10/16
CT Scan moved up due to high CEA 08/21/17
NED 09/25/17
NED 12/21/18
Clear colonoscopy 09/23/19
Clear 5 year scans 11/21/19- Considered cured! :)

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”