Surgery tomorrow! Need positive vibes

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
DarknessEmbraced
Facebook Username: Riann Fletcher

Re: Surgery tomorrow! Need positive vibes

Postby DarknessEmbraced » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:59 am

I'm glad everything went well with your surgery and that it's stage 1!*hugs* I hope your recovery and your brother's recovery are going well.*hugs*
Diagnosed 10/28/14, age 36
Colon Resection 11/20/14, LAR (no illeo)
Stage 2a colon cancer, T3NOMO
Lymph-vascular invasion undetermined
0/22 lymph nodes
No chemo, no radiation
Clear Colonoscopy 04/29/15
NED 10/20/15
Ischemic Colitis 01/21/16
NED 11/10/16
CT Scan moved up due to high CEA 08/21/17
NED 09/25/17
NED 12/21/18
Clear colonoscopy 09/23/19
Clear 5 year scans 11/21/19- Considered cured! :)

Utwo

Postby Utwo » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:58 pm

Malidosa wrote:My ct scan did show a mass on my right adrenal gland which they are calling an incidental finding at this time cause it doesn’t seem to be associated with the Cancer, so one worry now shifts to another.
Was this the only other CT scan finding?
Most likely it's not that bad.
Most people have a lot of strange stuff in their bodies and they do not know about them due to not having any CT scan.

In my case CT scans found different small thingies in liver, gallbladder, kidney, lungs, arteries and pancreas.
Apparently they were rather normal. :)
The most worrisome were recurring new lung thingies that were stable on a 3 months follow up scans.
58 yo male at diagnosis: T1bN0M0, 0/15 nodes, low grade/moderately differentiated adenocarcinoma
03/2016 colonoscopy: 2 small polyps removed in left colon; CEA = 1.3
04/2016 colonoscopy: caecum sessile 3.5 cm polyp piecemeal removed with kind of clear margins
05/2016 "prophylactic" laparoscopic right hemicolectomy - bleeding, leak, infection
06/2017 CT scan, colonoscopy OK; CEA = 1.6
A lot of funny stuff discovered by CT scans in liver, kidney, lungs, arteries, gallbladder, lymph node, pancreas

Malidosa

Postby Malidosa » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:07 am

Utwo wrote:
Malidosa wrote:My ct scan did show a mass on my right adrenal gland which they are calling an incidental finding at this time cause it doesn’t seem to be associated with the Cancer, so one worry now shifts to another.
Was this the only other CT scan finding?
Most likely it's not that bad.
Most people have a lot of strange stuff in their bodies and they do not know about them due to not having any CT scan.

In my case CT scans found different small thingies in liver, gallbladder, kidney, lungs, arteries and pancreas.
Apparently they were rather normal. :)
The most worrisome were recurring new lung thingies that were stable on a 3 months follow up scans.

Hi Utwo.... Yes the CT only found the one mass on my adrenal gland...Everything else looks good. I have a scheduled appointment with an endocrinologist next week. (it won't come fast enough!) I call everyday to see if they have cancellations lol.

But my oncologist is wanting me to have it removed, as do I. But yeah I've heard that its not uncommon for them to find thingies on people once they start looking. I mean in general, most people aren't getting their entire bodies scanned so I'm sure there are many people walking around with thingies on their bodies. lol
Dx - Cecum mass - age 35
Stage 1 (T2, N0, M0) - CEA level - 0.5
26 nodes negative
Right Colectomy 1/16/20
Currently investigating a 3.2 cm adrenal mass

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”