Removal of Benign Mass in Colon

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
ffl0203t8

Re: Removal of Benign Mass in Colon

Postby ffl0203t8 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:35 pm

Hi, the procedure went well for the most part today. The doctor took over an hour to remove the mass. Unfortunately he was unable to remove the entire mass, he said he removed 80%-90% of it, so unfortunately I have to go back in during the middle of January to get the rest of the mass removed. I believe he didn't go for the whole mass since he was going very slowly to make sure to not perforate my colon.

He added two Diversatak clips to control the bleeding. I have not seen much bleeding so far. He did give me three days of antibiotics, thank you for the advice! He also said that I should take one more day with my liquid diet so no foods today! At least I'm losing wait!

He took the mass out and is sending it for a biopsy, so I'm once again praying everything goes well with that. As long as that goes well, I have no problem coming back for him to finish the procedure. Just stinks that my insurance deductible starts over on January 1.

Thank you to this forum for your advice, it really helped me. If anyone has any other advice please feel free to let me know.

Thanks again,
Phil

ffl0203t8

Re: Removal of Benign Mass in Colon

Postby ffl0203t8 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:15 pm

Just a follow-up. The mass did come back benign from my first ESD in December, so that was great news! I have to go in on Jan 16 for another ESD to remove the final 10-20% of the mass that was left from the first surgery. Praying everything goes well with no perforation, thank you for your help and support! :)

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”