Rock_Robster wrote:Hey Alex, great that you heard back from MSK! Indeed under the circumstances I think these results are both good and probably largely unsurprising.
When I got my opinion from them they were also very hesitant to say any on the HAI pump without seeing me in person, and also assessing my response to 4 cycles of FOLFOX. My doc here also wouldn’t talk about much else until I’d done 4 x FOLFOX. It seems FOLFOX is pretty standard first line in both the US and Australia, whereas FOLFIRI is more common in Europe.
I guess then the only things I’d say would be:
1. It makes sense to me to not see MSK right now, given they’d just tell him to go do FOLFOX and come back in 8 weeks for scans. However I agree with other views that you would want to get the MSK appointment booked beforehand, as you wouldn’t won’t to be off treatment too long for travel, scans, waiting for appts, etc.
2. I guess it’s just worth being aware that this is changing his treatment plan in order to get a consult with MSK. I don’t see any huge downside with this - FOLFOX is on average at least as effective as FOLFIRI, and given he hasn’t progressed on FOLFIRI there shouldn’t be anything preventing him going back to it if he maxes out on FOLFOX. My question would be the Vectibix - would this continue? FOLFOX/FOLFIRI + an EGFR inhibitor is basically gold-standard first line for a RAS-wild patient and he seems to have done well on it so far. I guess this is something your onc in Denmark would have an opinion on.
Best wishes again!
Siti wrote:That’s great... I hope folfox kills all the dang cancer! Wishing Jesper a complete response!
Siti wrote:Identical reaction —a couple of days after first infusion, cramps then fever, 39.8. We couldn’t bring fever down even after paracetamol and cold towels, so he was admitted to hospital at 2am. They took stool, urine and blood. The doctor on the night shift gave him antibiotics. We met our oncologist later on, they found nothing. Oncologist said antibiotics were overly precautious but anyway better be safe. Oncologist suspect it’s likely an airborne bug and thankfully not anything serious. I hope Jesper gets better soon, I feel terrible the both of you had to go through it.
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 33 guests