Ok so I finally got an answer from MSK! Kind of good and bad but mainly good. The good news is that they will accept Jesper and do want to see him for a face-to-face consultation. However, based on the recent updates, their clinical team is recommending the same as our team here - FOLFOX. They say we can come now if we want the whole second opinion thing done, but regardless of whether or not his liver would be deemed resectable, their first step would be FOLFOX. So the representative said that it's up to us if we want to come now and be told to do FOLFOX and then come back for a follow-up consultation in a few months or do a few rounds of FOLFOX and then come after that.
I'm leaning towards first doing maybe 4 rounds of FOLFOX and getting a new scan. Going to MSK now would further delay treatment and add unnecessary expenses. I'm all for spending all the money we need to spend, but why go now just to be told to go ahead with FOLFOX? So I think we'll go ahead and start FOLFOX on Monday and I'll keep translating all his new records so we can leave as soon as we have his next scan, which will hopefully show good regression again. Does that sound like a good idea to you guys?
Boyfriend 28yo dx February 2019, CEA 70,480
Stage 4 CRC with multiple mets to liver & lungs
KRAS, NRAS, BRAF wild type, MSS
12x FOLFIRI + Vectibix
September 2019 CEA 210, 60% reduction in size, chemo break!