Applications for Colon Camp are Officially Open! => ⓃⒺⓌ ⒾⓃⒻⓄ !

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Phuong
Facebook Username: Phuong Ly Gallagher

Applications for Colon Camp are Officially Open! => ⓃⒺⓌ ⒾⓃⒻⓄ !

Postby Phuong » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:11 am

If you were diagnosed, or are a caregiver to someone, with colorectal cancer under the age of 50 - we have exciting news! Applications for Colon Camp are now open and will be accepted until January 31, 2020. This year's retreat will be held at the beautiful Five Star Retreat from July 8-12, 2020. Don't wait - submit your application now!

https://colondar.wufoo.com/forms/x1aym9dx1p1pp31/
Phuong
http://sonofamotherlessgoat.net/
dx'd Stage III Rectal (T3 N1 M0)
Now Stage IV mCRC

Jacques

(###)-###-####

Postby Jacques » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:32 am

It looks like there's a problem with the on-line application submission:

The Wufoo software absolutely requires a valid 10-digit phone number in the format ###-###-#### for each applicant. If an applicant's phone number cannot fit in this format then the applicant cannot submit a Colon Camp application. In this case, Wufoo simply refuses to upload the application.

In effect, this excludes applicants from countries where telephone numbers are not in this format.

Phuong

Re: Applications for Colon Camp are Officially Open! => ⓃⒺⓌ ⒾⓃⒻⓄ !

Postby Phuong » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:47 pm

On The Rise is currently limited to survivors and caregivers in the United States. Please email info@colonclub.com if there are any specific questions about the application. Thank you!
Phuong
Now Stage IV mCRC

Jacques

Postby Jacques » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:14 am

JJH

Postby JJH » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:35 pm

BUMP
TheColonClub wrote:We are READY for you 2021 colorectal cancer survivors and caregivers diagnosed under 50!!! ⠀
If selected for this project/retreat, you will appear in The Colon Club’s 2021 annual colorectal cancer awareness publication.

Apply by January 31, 2020.
https://colondar.wufoo.com/forms/x1aym9dx1p1pp31/
"The darkest hour is just before the dawn" - Thomas Fuller (1650)
●●●

Lmanners31

Postby Lmanners31 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:23 pm

What day will you actually be selecting recipients of Colon Camp? How will they be notified? I feel like I’m stalking all social media outlets trying to find out. Ha ha!!

JJH

Re: Applications for Colon Camp are Officially Closed! => ⓃⒺⓌ ⒾⓃⒻⓄ !

Postby JJH » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:49 am

Lmanners31 wrote:What day will you actually be selecting recipients of Colon Camp? How will they be notified? I feel like I’m stalking all social media outlets trying to find out. Ha ha!!

If they do it like they did last year they will probably be announcing the results publicly at the very beginning of April 2020 on Facebook or on Twitter:
https://coloncancersupport.colonclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=62153&p=490602#p490602

I think they will probably be finalizing the short list around March 17, 2020. This is because the members of the selection committee usually all try to be at the annual Call-on-Congress event in Washington where they will be launching the current annual issue of the "On the Rise" magazine and introducing the indivuals who are having their articles published in this year's edition of the magazine. While the selection committee members are still at the Call-on-Congress event, they will probably meet together to compare notes on the newly arrived applications and come up with a short list before they go back home. Then sometime between March 17, 2020 and April 1, 2020 they will make the final selection for 12 featured survivors/caregivers for the upcoming 2020 Colon Camp event and the March 2021 issue of "On the Rise" magazine.

The successful applicants will no doubt be notified privately using the contact information that they provided in their applications.

So, if you want to be the very first to know who is selected this time around you could register for the Call-on-Congress event and meet with the ColonClub folks there who will be launching this year's "On the Rise" magazine.

Note: This is only my personal opinion/speculation about how things may happen this year. I don't know any of the people on the selection committee and I have nothing to do with the selection pnrocess. The committee might decide do things quite differently this year. Only time will tell.
"The darkest hour is just before the dawn" - Thomas Fuller (1650)
●●●

Phuong

Postby Phuong » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:29 pm

JJH wrote:If they do it like they did last year they will probably be announcing the results publicly at the very beginning of April 2020 on Facebook or on Twitter:
https://coloncancersupport.colonclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=62153&p=490602#p490602

I think they will probably be finalizing the short list around March 17, 2020. This is because the members of the selection committee usually all try to be at the annual Call-on-Congress event in Washington where they will be launching the current annual issue of the "On the Rise" magazine and introducing the indivuals who are having their articles published in this year's edition of the magazine. While the selection committee members are still at the Call-on-Congress event, they will probably meet together to compare notes on the newly arrived applications and come up with a short list before they go back home. Then sometime between March 17, 2020 and April 1, 2020 they will make the final selection for 12 featured survivors/caregivers for the upcoming 2020 Colon Camp event and the March 2021 issue of "On the Rise" magazine.

The successful applicants will no doubt be notified privately using the contact information that they provided in their applications.

So, if you want to be the very first to know who is selected this time around you could register for the Call-on-Congress event and meet with the ColonClub folks there who will be launching this year's "On the Rise" magazine.

Note: This is only my personal opinion/speculation about how things may happen this year. I don't know any of the people on the selection committee and I have nothing to do with the selection pnrocess. The committee might decide do things quite differently this year. Only time will tell.

Pretty good guess, but not quite. The selection committee is currently reviewing applications and all selections will be made during their meetings. I strongly encourage people to attend Call on Congress, but we are not making decisions there and will not share who is being selected. I promise that we will be notifying selected "campers" as soon as it is possible. We are not trying to keep anyone in suspense - we get enough of that with scanxiety!
Phuong
Now Stage IV mCRC

Green Tea

Postby Green Tea » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:25 am

Is there going to be a Colon Camp retreat in 2021? An "On the Rise" 2021 magazine?

If so, where is the link for submitting an application for 2021?

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”