Liver and lung mets

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
AlexandraZ

Re: Liver and lung mets

Postby AlexandraZ » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:01 am

Siti wrote:Hi Alexandria,

My husband had to postpone his chemo by 1 week on his 3rd infusion too — it was due to severe diarrhoea and high fever. On the bright side, he had a good CT scan after his 3rd infusion so I guess 1 week didn’t impact the results negatively, but quite the opposite.

His platelets have been always borderline low during chemo and funny enough he doesn’t usually eat meat, but he was encouraged to eat more meat and also chicken liver. So I’ve been cooking food that are good for blood. Whether it helps or not god knows and to be honest, there’s no right or wrong, we shouldn’t let the stress ruin our wellbeing too... I fell sick 1-2 weeks ago because of it and my husband had to take care of me instead :/

I hope 2020 would be better for us all.

Siti

Interesting Siti! Glad to hear his scan was good after that.

It's crazy to think that a year ago we were just about to spend New Year's Eve together, and my biggest problem was that he was working too much and we didn't have enough time together! And I didn't know the first thing about cancer, CEA levels, mutations, resectability, etc etc. How things have changed!

I ended up with the flu right after Jesper too. It's definitely frustrating to not be able to take care of him like I want to.

Yes, here's to a better 2020 for all of us!!! :D
Boyfriend 28yo dx February 2019, CEA 70,480
Stage 4 CRC with multiple mets to liver & lungs
KRAS, NRAS, BRAF wild type, MSS
12x FOLFIRI + Vectibix
September 2019 CEA 210, 60% reduction in size, chemo break!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”