Phuong is the new ColonClub President !

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Phuong
Facebook Username: Phuong Ly Gallagher

Re: Phuong is the new ColonClub President !

Postby Phuong » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:27 pm

Jacques wrote:Phuong, congratulations on your new position! I know you'll do a great job.

I have two questions for you.

(1.) In your capacity as Colon Club president, could you do something about fixing up the out-of-date pages on the website? For example, the page on Board of Directors doesn't have several of the recently appointed Board Members.

https://colonclub.com/our-history/colon-club-board-of-directors/

(2.) Could you do something about specifying how many officers the club currently has, what their various responsibilities are, and who the current office-holders are? For example, President; Executive V.P.; V.P. in Charge of Communications; Blog Master; Kimberly Fund Manager; etc., etc. It's not very clear who does what on the Club's management team. Also, who is in charge of the annual "On the Rise" Featured Survivors/Caregivers program? Who is editor of the "On the Rise" magazine? It's not clear.

Thank you

Hey Jacques,

We are in the process of making some very exciting (but currently behind the scenes) changes to our website, so please hang tight. I promise that when we are ready for the reveal, we will announce it here! :)
Phuong
http://sonofamotherlessgoat.net/
dx'd Stage III Rectal (T3 N1 M0)
Now Stage IV mCRC

Cured

Postby Cured » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:10 pm

Phuong - I look forward to your leadership.

The Club is so important to so many....but we take it for granted that it will exist. Thanks for giving of yourself To keep it going.

PS: can spellcheck learn your name?
7-18 Stg 4
5-08:Stg 3 Rectal: 6/14 Nodes
Ace Surgn Remvd 90%Rectm,lots of Colon-Full Incision
Ileo Rev'd 6 Mos.
Radian+5fu Pre-Surg
FOLFOX 8 Cyc,1-09
Clear Scope 8-17; CEA 2-18
Glory to God! Healed by prayers of many: for 10 yrs
7-18: tumor pressing brain Remove
Met to lung. CEA 6.9
Folfiri
CEA 4.5 after 1 chemo
8rds CEA 3 1.8, 2.3,1.7 then up:32
12rd Folfiri
Avastin ev 2 wks
Seizure Anti-seiz meds work-no driving for 6m
4-20PET: Lng spots=Chemo
2-21 tumr gth =Folfiri
Radiation 7-22

Jacques

Previvor question

Postby Jacques » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:51 pm

Phuong -

I have yet another question...

Last year, the "On The Rise" application form made passing reference to the term "previvor". I was wondering if the On-The-Rise program has any plans to broaden the scope of the program so as to allow previvors to submit applications?

I noticed on the Internet that there are some previvors around who have compelling messages to proclaim, but people like this are currently excluded from the On-The-Rise program because they are neither CRC patients nor CRC caregivers.

Phuong
Facebook Username: Phuong Ly Gallagher

Postby Phuong » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:48 pm

Absolutely! If you know any previvors, please encourage them to apply. Evelyn Keener (http://colonclub.com/2017-featured-survivors/evelyn-t-keener/) was our first previvor to be featured, and we welcome anyone else that falls into that bucket. Excellent question Jacques.
Phuong
http://sonofamotherlessgoat.net/
dx'd Stage III Rectal (T3 N1 M0)
Now Stage IV mCRC

horizon

Postby horizon » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:37 am

My eye tends to jump down past the stickies so I completely missed this. I can't think of a better choice. Congratulations!!!

Phuong wrote:We are in the process of making some very exciting (but currently behind the scenes) changes to our website, so please hang tight. I promise that when we are ready for the reveal, we will announce it here! :)

Multi-quote and two factor authentication would be nice. :)
I'm just a dude who still can't believe he had a resection and went through chemo (currently 12 years NED). Is this real life?

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”