Clinical trial NIS793 & PDR001

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Mercy110

Clinical trial NIS793 & PDR001

Postby Mercy110 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:03 am

Hello all. My mum is now a candidate of the clinical trial for NIS793 & PDR001, which we know they are drugs for immunotherapy. We have difficulty choosing between the trial and the current treatment plan (plz see my signature below). Mum’s CEA was 200 last month, but now dropped to 164 with the use of current drugs. It seems that the treatment is promising despite of its heavy financial burden. On the other hand, there is a chance for her to take part in the above clinical trial without spending lots of money, with no guarantee for the result.

We are now struggling with the effectiveness of the two options and the financial burden. As we are living in Hong Kong, so there are differences on medical systems with US. We could choose EITHER one of the options.

We would like to hear any opinions from you and it would be best if you know anyone who participated in the same trial. My mum is still doing good that no one can tell she is a stage 4 cancer patient from her appearance. We worried the side effects may weaken her as well.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02947165

We have seen basic info of the trial and found it suitable for people not responding to chemo or other treatments but she seems responding well to the current treatment. However, we don’t want her to miss a chance for immunotherapy too.

Any opinion helps. Many thanks.
My Mum (age 56), NRAS-mutate Q61R
2017-05: Surgery with stoma. T4N1M0. Stage3C. Xeloda Only. Increasing CEA. CT: Multiple lung nodules. Stage4.
2017-09: 85% FOLFOX + Avastin, stable CT
2018-03 to 05: Folfox Allergy, Folfiri (with Avastin since Oct)
2019: CEA:178, started Irinotecan+Zaltrip+TS-1, 25 times radio with xeloda
2020: CEA: 217.3, pending treatment

WISH ALL MIGHTY GOD HEALS MUM WITH HIS MIRACLE

Pyro70

Re: Clinical trial NIS793 & PDR001

Postby Pyro70 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:14 pm

Mercy110 wrote:Hello all. My mum is now a candidate of the clinical trial for NIS793 & PDR001, which we know they are drugs for immunotherapy. We have difficulty choosing between the trial and the current treatment plan (plz see my signature below). Mum’s CEA was 200 last month, but now dropped to 164 with the use of current drugs. It seems that the treatment is promising despite of its heavy financial burden. On the other hand, there is a chance for her to take part in the above clinical trial without spending lots of money, with no guarantee for the result.

We are now struggling with the effectiveness of the two options and the financial burden. As we are living in Hong Kong, so there are differences on medical systems with US. We could choose EITHER one of the options.

We would like to hear any opinions from you and it would be best if you know anyone who participated in the same trial. My mum is still doing good that no one can tell she is a stage 4 cancer patient from her appearance. We worried the side effects may weaken her as well.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02947165

We have seen basic info of the trial and found it suitable for people not responding to chemo or other treatments but she seems responding well to the current treatment. However, we don’t want her to miss a chance for immunotherapy too.

Any opinion helps. Many thanks.

Out of selfish interests I always want people to partake in trials. However, personally I wouldn’t do it. If you have a therapy that is working you shouldn’t switch to an experimental trial. Technically if I understand correctly she doesn’t meet the inclusion requirements.

who have progressed despite standard therapy or are intolerant of standard therapy, or for whom no standard therapy exists.

I think it’s okay to research clinical trials at this point. But if you have a working standard of care therapy stick with that. You can always try immunotherapy off-label (but may be costly). But if you try the regorafenib + PD1 inhibitor combo at least you’re trying something that has shown some efficacy for MSS CRC.
Dx Jan 2017 stage IVB w/ PC age 35
FOLFOX
SEP 17 HIPEC 1, anastamosis leak
XELODA
MAR 18 HIPEC 2
JUN 18, ileo reversal and 2nd anastamosis leak

debsta

Re: Clinical trial NIS793 & PDR001

Postby debsta » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:17 am

I don't know that I'd give up a treatment plan that was working for a Phase I clinical trial.

It is my understanding that Phase I trials are conducted to determine the safety of a drug at various dosing levels as well as the side effects.

Personally I would stay on the current plan until there was progression and then look for a Phase II/III clinical trial.
Caregiver of DH age 68 at DX w/Stage IVb rectal adenocarcinoma - mets in liver and both lungs
MSS MMRp Kras/Braf/Ras all wild-type TMB 3.04 poorly differentiated CEA 14.7
2/2019 Clinical Trial at Dana Farber - mFolfox6, Avastin, Nivolumab
9/13/2019 CEA 1.0 67% reduction by Recist dropped Oxaliplatin due to neuropathy

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”