Multiple tiny mets on lungs—-need knowledge.

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Rock_Robster

Re: Multiple tiny mets on lungs—-need knowledge.

Postby Rock_Robster » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:20 pm

Rock_Robster wrote:[quote=“Amarie123”]
Rock_Robster wrote:Hi amarie, it is likely your microsatellite stability status on the report (presume MSS) which precludes you from the currently-approved immunotherapies (PD1 inhibitors), rather than the KRAS mutation. However you may still respond to a PD1 inhibitor if you have a high tumour mutation burden (TMB), or if it’s combined with another drug. There are also lots of immunotherapies beyond PD1 inhibitors presently available through trials. Personally I would be very interested in my TMB status and accessing immuno options for MSS patients, esp. given 5FU-based therapy is off the table.

Also Avastin isn’t usually considered an immunotherapy, rather it’s a targeted therapy known as a monoclonal antibody.

Best of luck,
Rob

Thanks for the clarification, it’s a lot of information that I don’t always get right. One issue with some of the treatments is insurance - I might not even be covered for the Avastin if I take it with Lonsurf. My onc is generally on the lookout for clinical trials in the Boston area that I’d be a candidate for.

That’s a pain about the Avastin - I hadn’t heard that about insurance issues when combining with Lonsurf.

Good that your onc is considering local trials - you might also want to look into NIH trials as they also usually cover travel and accommodation expenses, I believe?

Best of luck
Rob[/quote][/quote]
41M Australia
2018 Dx RC
G2 EMVI LVI, 4 liver mets
pT3N1aM1a Stage IVa MSS NRAS G13R
CEA 14>2>32>16>19>30>140>70
11/18 FOLFOX
3/19 Liver resection
5/19 Pelvic IMRT
7/19 ULAR
8/19 Liver met
8/19 FOLFOX, FOLFOXIRI, FOLFIRI
12/19 Liver resection
NED 2 years
11/21 Liver met, PALN, lung nodules
3/22 PVE, lymphadenectomy, liver SBRT
10/22 PALN SBRT
11/22 Liver mets, peri nodule. Xeloda+Bev
4/23 XELIRI+Bev
9/23 ATRIUM trial
12/23 Modified FOLFIRI+Bev
3/24 VAXINIA (CF33 + hNIS) trial

Rock_Robster

Postby Rock_Robster » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:21 pm

Rock_Robster wrote:
Rock_Robster wrote:Hi amarie, it is likely your microsatellite stability status on the report (presume MSS) which precludes you from the currently-approved immunotherapies (PD1 inhibitors), rather than the KRAS mutation. However you may still respond to a PD1 inhibitor if you have a high tumour mutation burden (TMB), or if it’s combined with another drug. There are also lots of immunotherapies beyond PD1 inhibitors presently available through trials. Personally I would be very interested in my TMB status and accessing immuno options for MSS patients, esp. given 5FU-based therapy is off the table.

Also Avastin isn’t usually considered an immunotherapy, rather it’s a targeted therapy known as a monoclonal antibody.

Best of luck,
Rob

Thanks for the clarification, it’s a lot of information that I don’t always get right. One issue with some of the treatments is insurance - I might not even be covered for the Avastin if I take it with Lonsurf. My onc is generally on the lookout for clinical trials in the Boston area that I’d be a candidate for.

That’s a pain about the Avastin - I hadn’t heard that about insurance issues when combining with Lonsurf.

Good that your onc is considering local trials - you might also want to look into NIH trials as they also usually cover travel and accommodation expenses, I believe?

Best of luck
Rob
41M Australia
2018 Dx RC
11/18 FOLFOX
3/19 Liver resection
5/19 Pelvic IMRT
7/19 ULAR
8/19 Liver met
12/19 Liver resection
NED 2 years
10/22 PALN SBRT
4/23 XELIRI+Bev
9/23 ATRIUM trial

Rock_Robster

Best of luck,
Rob

Best of luck
Rob[/quote]
41M Australia
2018 Dx RC
11/18 FOLFOX
3/19 Liver resection
5/19 Pelvic IMRT
7/19 ULAR
8/19 Liver met
12/19 Liver resection
NED 2 years
10/22 PALN SBRT
4/23 XELIRI+Bev
9/23 ATRIUM trial

Rock_Robster

[quote=“Amarie123”]

Best of luck,
Rob

Thanks for the clarification, it’s a lot of information that I don’t always get right. One issue with some of the treatments is insurance - I might not even be covered for the Avastin if I take it with Lonsurf. My onc is generally on the lookout for clinical trials in the Boston area that I’d be a candidate for.[/quote]

Best of luck
Rob
41M Australia
2018 Dx RC
11/18 FOLFOX
3/19 Liver resection
5/19 Pelvic IMRT
7/19 ULAR
8/19 Liver met
12/19 Liver resection
NED 2 years
10/22 PALN SBRT
4/23 XELIRI+Bev
9/23 ATRIUM trial

Rock_Robster

Postby Rock_Robster » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:22 pm

Best of luck,
Rob

Best of luck
Rob
41M Australia
2018 Dx RC
11/18 FOLFOX
3/19 Liver resection
5/19 Pelvic IMRT
7/19 ULAR
8/19 Liver met