ANYBODY HEAR FROM ANDREA?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
missjv

ANYBODY HEAR FROM ANDREA?

Postby missjv » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:57 am

HI ALL,
I HAVE BEEN READING ALL OF ANDREA'S POSTINGS AND I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAD HEARD FROM HER AND HOW SHE IS DOING?

MISSJV

janb

Postby janb » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:04 pm

She is currently finishing up a round of chemo and doing ok.
Together....we can make a difference!
www.whereintheworldisgregkelley.com

missjv

anybody heard from andrea

Postby missjv » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:09 pm

hi,
thanks for the update im glad she is doing well. i had read her postings and saw that she was having a hard time and i was hoping for the best for her.

missjv

Fitzgeraldmom

Andrea

Postby Fitzgeraldmom » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:58 am

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to let you know I just got off the phone with Andrea's husband Steve and she isnt doing well at the moment. She is in the hospital finishing up a round of chemo and she has spiked a high fever. They were supposed to let her go home tomorrow and now that is possibly not going to happen. She could really use all the prayers she can get! If I hear anything else new I will let you know! Steve was concerned about the chemo and wasnt sure how much more she could take...
Kellie
Last edited by Fitzgeraldmom on Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

missjv

anyone hear from andrea?

Postby missjv » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:00 pm

hi,
thanks for the update she has my thoughts and prayers.

missjv

johnmeissner

Postby johnmeissner » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:06 pm

Mine too.
Hi, I'm John. But you can call me NED! Meet our son Jimmy at http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn243/jimmymize/

Fitzgeraldmom

Update on Andrea

Postby Fitzgeraldmom » Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:07 pm

Hi all,
Just got off the phone with Steve... (Andrea's husband)
Andrea got to come home!!! Yahoo!!!!
The fever has gone down and she got to come home! Unfortuanately she had to miss her Cancer Seminar in Chicago but in her place her mother and sister went. She has been sleeping a lot due to chemo and Steve thinks everything is ok...
That is all the update I have for now!
Kellie

missjv

Postby missjv » Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:10 pm

hi,
wow that is great news glad she is home, she is putting up a great fight against this horrible disease and im sure she will conrinue to do well.

missjv

Andrea

Postby Andrea » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:51 pm

I'm back! Thank you for your prayers. I've been resting and trying to eat. My girls are with the ex for the weekend. I'm going to lounge around and eat bon bons with guilt-free pleasure. :lol:
I love all of you.
Andrea
P.S. My sister said the CCAlliance conf is going great. They are going to have all kinds of info for me when the get back. Knowledge is Power

Fitzgeraldmom

:-)

Postby Fitzgeraldmom » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:54 am

Ok all,
So my mother (who belongs to this site as well) and I surprised Andrea this weekend and showed up at her house to meet her! It was a total surprise to her. I had called her husband to set everything up and asked him to keep it a secret! He did GREAT! :o
I made Andrea her scrapbook and rather than mail it to her we decided we wanted to meet her.
She is the sweetest most strong person I have ever met! You just want to scoop her up and keep her forever close to your heart! I had the best 5 hours in a LONG time! She is such a WONDERFUL person and I am so glad I met her. :D
She has a wishing fountain in her house and my mom and I added some change along with a wish for a long healthy life.
It was the best weekend you all. She is as sweet in real life as she is in person.
Just thought I would pass along some news...
We took some great pictures together too!
Hope all is well with everyone!
Kellie

missjv

Postby missjv » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:33 pm

hi,
well that was sweet of you and your mom how thoughtful im glad andrea is doing well i know from reading her posts she has had a rough time of it but im glad from her post the other day she feels good and is happy.what a great thing you and your mom did to go meet her in person you guys rock!

missjv

Fitzgeraldmom

Hi

Postby Fitzgeraldmom » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:55 pm

Meeting her was amazing...
She is so positive and strong. Even though she is this tiny little thing, her outlook on her situation is amazing. Rather than taking the "Woe is me" route, she is strong and told my mom and I before we left that she thinks she is going to beat this thing and feels good. She is a GREAT mom, a wonderful lady and now, a GREAT friend. :D
It was so nice to meet her. I feel as though I have known her all my life.. We instantly hit it off. I miss her already and I have only been home a few hours!!! :cry: Should anyone want to see pictures, IM me and I will send you a few.... (or email me) I am not going to post any because A. I do not know how to and B. not everyone wants to see them anyway...
Ok, Gotta run.
Kids are calling!
Kellie

Check out my mom's site in memory of my uncle and you can see pictures of my children and my family...
whereintheworldisgregkelley.com

missjv

Postby missjv » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:53 pm

hi,
i went to your moms website to check it out and it is great your uncle was lucky to have a family like you guys and i bet he has enjoyed all of his trips around the globe. i thought i was weird for carrying my fathers ashes around but now i see others do it as well, im just trying to find the right spot to scatter the ashes it has been almost 4 years. was your uncle real sick? i hope he did not suffer because he looks like he was a fun kinda guy. well again hats off to you and your mom for visiting andrea that was great.

missjv

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”