O/T question about Metastasis

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
KimT

Re: O/T question about Metastasis

Postby KimT » Sat May 04, 2019 2:29 pm

As this is a colon cancer forum, most of us have very limited knowledge of other cancers. You will likely have better luck if you can find a forum with people who have your type of cancer.

My mother had leptomeningeal disease from leukemia. She had a port inserted into her brain to deliver chemo directly into her brain. It was called an ommaya port. I do not if they are using this to treat leptomeningeal disease from other cancers but it may be something to look into.

Good luck. Hope you find others who can better help you.
2/10 dx colon cancer
right hemicolectomy 3/19/10
Stage 2a 0/43 nodes
Lynch syndrome
3/14/10 colon resection/ removal of metal clips
Nov 11 dx ovarian cancer

Pyro70

Re: O/T question about Metastasis

Postby Pyro70 » Sat May 04, 2019 4:36 pm

byronIteft wrote:Hello - I have been diagnosed with Leptomeningeal Carcinomatosis which is a result of metastatic non-small cell lung cancer. Does CimaVax immunotherapy have the ability to reach the disease in the brain?

Thank you

If you have questions about CimaVax your best bet is likely to call the clinic in Havana. Please note it’s unclear how good the data supporting CimaVax efficacy truly is. Also my understanding is that Cimavax won’t kill tumor cells but in theory can keep them from growing.
Dx Jan 2017 stage IVB w/ PC age 35
FOLFOX
SEP 17 HIPEC 1, anastamosis leak
XELODA
MAR 18 HIPEC 2
JUN 18, ileo reversal and 2nd anastamosis leak

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”