COLON RESECTION

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
JRAHU

COLON RESECTION

Postby JRAHU » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:37 pm

I had my resection in June,06,06. My problem is 6 to 12 BM aday still, with bloating and stomach pain. Is there anything I can do to get things under control. :(

Bryan S

Postby Bryan S » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:08 pm

My dr was big on Peprto Bismol because it won't constipate you but many people seem to take imodium for this problem. It is not uncommon for me to go between 0 and 10 times in a day and I am a year and a half post resection. I just recently talked to a gentleman who is 8 years post and has the same problem. You can try fiber, pro-biotics yogurt etc but they only help a little. Good luck

johnmeissner

Postby johnmeissner » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:33 pm

Wow. I just had surgery 3 weeks ago. It took a week for me to have my hospital BM, allowing me to go home. I then, starting two nights later, started a streak(so to speak) of 9 days in a row with at least one BM. Mostly I had just one a day, but the most I've had in one day was just 4.

I hope things get better for you guys.
Hi, I'm John. But you can call me NED! Meet our son Jimmy at http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn243/jimmymize/

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”