Any idea the cost for CRS/HIPEC at MSK if insurance not cover out of network?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
tbt4snow
Facebook Username: Tina tran

Re: Any idea the cost for CRS/HIPEC at MSK if insurance not cover out of network?

Postby tbt4snow » Fri May 10, 2019 1:36 pm

Hi Paola,
I'm so sorry to hear about the unexpected during your surgery. I pray for you to get good response with chemo treatment so you can go back to the OR.

From my original tumor, I'm MSS with TMB 16 which my oncologist said I'm not qualified for a clinical trial that takes patients with TMB of 20 or more. I'm asking my oncologist to redo the test on the tumor from my last surgery to see if the TMB has changed ? The possible treatment plan for me would be Ketruda alone or Folfox + Ketruda. I am not ready for any treatment yet since I just got back from hospital this week due to some blockage in my colon. I'm still on full liquid diet.
I'm looking for information about the clinical trial that my oncologist was mentioning about. Google so far did not come up with anything close.

Pray for us to get stronger to fight this terrible disease.
Tina.
DX: CC stage 4/w ovaries & omentum mets in 12/17 49/F
High grade pT3N1bM1b sigmoid Adenocarcinoma colon
MSS-h TMB=16, NRAS-mutant
Lymph nodes: 1/2 left colic; 3/8 regional
12/2017: Exploratory laparotomy & resect of sigmoid & ovaries
Folfox/avastin 12 sessions from 1/8-6/18. 6/18 CEA 2.1
1/19: CT shows peri mets;
CEA: 12/18 5.1, 1/7/19 7.9; 1/15/19 9.1; 1/30/19: 10.6
4/3/2019 CRS/HIPEC after 4 Folfiry sessions...

brokenwings

Re: Any idea the cost for CRS/HIPEC at MSK if insurance not cover out of network?

Postby brokenwings » Sat May 11, 2019 5:13 am

tbt4snow wrote:Hi Paola,
I'm so sorry to hear about the unexpected during your surgery. I pray for you to get good response with chemo treatment so you can go back to the OR.

From my original tumor, I'm MSS with TMB 16 which my oncologist said I'm not qualified for a clinical trial that takes patients with TMB of 20 or more. I'm asking my oncologist to redo the test on the tumor from my last surgery to see if the TMB has changed ? The possible treatment plan for me would be Ketruda alone or Folfox + Ketruda. I am not ready for any treatment yet since I just got back from hospital this week due to some blockage in my colon. I'm still on full liquid diet.
I'm looking for information about the clinical trial that my oncologist was mentioning about. Google so far did not come up with anything close.

Pray for us to get stronger to fight this terrible disease.
Tina.

Dear Tina,

Thank you for your prayers.
I hope you have a good recovery and you get good results from your trial.

Hugs,

Paola
DX 2019 Adenocarcinoma Sigmoid colon. PC + ovarian met.
Obstruction. Temporary colostomy.
Folfirinox + Avastin: 6 cycles. Scans: partial response.
Surgery (CRS + HIPEC) 04/29: too much disease, surgery cancelled. Right ovary removed.
2nd ptotocol: IP chemo (oxaliplatin) + IV chemo (Folfiri + Avastin). 8 cycles
10/31/2019: 11 hour-long Hipec + 6 weeks in hospital
12/30/2019: liver met
02/05/2020: reversal surgery. New peri mets discovered
March 2020: 5fu+Avastin
May 2020: fistula
Back to 1957: 5fu.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”