Symptoms come and go

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Trying

Symptoms come and go

Postby Trying » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:56 pm

Some weeks i have no symptoms then other weeks cramps and pressure are awful. Im wondering if others have symptoms that come and go. When they come my anxiety is sky high
38 yr old single mom of almost 2 year old at the time
April 2018 colon cancer stage IV 10 liver mets and peri met. Folfox and 12 rounds oxyplatin
Fec 2018 Down to 2 mets in liver. 8 dissapeared
July 2019 switched to xeloda pills as I prefer to 3 day infusion. Also on avistan
Oct 2019 emergency colostomy due to perforated bowel. ( unreal pain)
Feb 2020 show 2mm tumor increase.
Plan to go back on oxy
Oxy failed- irinotecan as of of Sept 2020

Maggie Nell

Re: Symptoms come and go

Postby Maggie Nell » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:29 am

Have your spoken to your doctors about your anxiety rocketing up during those time as
anxiety is also a symptom and your meds might need to be tweaked. I encourage you to discuss
your needs with your doctor.

Back in December you wrote about getting a referral to a psychiatrist; has that happened,
after the mix-up in January, have you gotten to an appointment yet?
DX April 2015, @ 54
35mm poorly diff. tumour, incidental finding following emergency R. hemicolectomy
for ileo-colic intussusception.
Lymph nodes: 0/22
T3 N0 MX
Stage II CRC, no adjuvant chemo required.

Trying

Postby Trying » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:35 pm

Thank you for your reply. Yes i am hetting emotional helpbbut still really struggling
38 yr old single mom of almost 2 year old at the time
April 2018 colon cancer stage IV 10 liver mets and peri met. Folfox and 12 rounds oxyplatin
Fec 2018 Down to 2 mets in liver. 8 dissapeared
July 2019 switched to xeloda pills as I prefer to 3 day infusion. Also on avistan
Oct 2019 emergency colostomy due to perforated bowel. ( unreal pain)
Feb 2020 show 2mm tumor increase.
Plan to go back on oxy
Oxy failed- irinotecan as of of Sept 2020

AppleTree

Postby AppleTree » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:08 pm

I never thought I would like to color. But one day someone gave me one of those adult coloring books (not a super complicated one) skinny and fat markers and colored pencils. Since chemo screens really hurt my eyes so it was a thoughtful gift.

Surprise! I have found that it really helps me relax!

I am 10 months out from chemo. I used to have severe runs every day. Now...maybe 1x a week. I really watch what I eat. Or sometimes I have alot of pain under my scar. But I am slowly getting better. My main issue is being tired, but that is getting slowly better too. Everything takes time and we are all different. My biggest surprise at my Feb apt that my platelets are still rising. I had no idea that my blood would take so long to get those platelets back up.

I would talk to your DR about anxiety. I have an RX that helps me sleep better at night. I still have a port and it is painful to sleep on that side. My lower back is toast at night due to degeneration (from radiation?). My RX helps with these issues and I find that if I get a good night's sleep, I am less anxious. But not always. You are not alone.
Diag Feb 5, 2016 Age 45
3 cm tumor 5 cm from verge
Radiation + Xeloda pills - 3000mg 5x week
3/14 - 4/16 - 25 sessions
Shrank just over 50% L nodes 0/13
Remove rectum with temp Ileo 6/17
Reversal 7/20 due to infection
Acute hepatitis August. Chemo cancelled
June to September 2016 - 58 days in hospital

6/16, MRI shadow in lung
Pet - 6.6mm Met in Upper R lobe
7/30 VAT surgery Mass General/Boston