I think i may have colon cancer

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Micky123

I think i may have colon cancer

Postby Micky123 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:01 am

Hi all
Im 26 year old male and i think i might have colon cancer
I know no one here can say if i do or not but my symptoms
Exactly match colon cancer symptoms

I have
Change in bowel habits
Small amounts of bright red blood on stool
lower left abdominal pain ( not really pain but
I just feel something there)
Bloating sometimes
And i pass wind alot sometimes with no smell

This has going on for about 7 months
Ive been to 3 doctors and they all said i have ibs or inflamation of the colon, i even said to one doctor i have cancer and he laughed at me.
So I privately booked a appointment with a gastrologist and going to ask him to have a colonscopy before its too late.

Oh and im very fit, im not overweight and i eat alot of vegies and fruits but i also eat alot of meat

How likely is it that i have cancer? My change in bowel habits and blood on stool combination scares me that i do.
Does any other diesease give you those symptoms?

Thank you

KimT

Re: I think i may have colon cancer

Postby KimT » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:58 am

We are not doctors, we are just people who unfortunately were diagnosed with colon cancer. We are not qualified to speculate whether or not you have cancer. You have an appointment with a gastroenterologist and that is the best place to address your concerns. Best of luck to you.
2/10 dx colon cancer
right hemicolectomy 3/19/10
Stage 2a 0/43 nodes
Lynch syndrome
3/14/10 colon resection/ removal of metal clips
Nov 11 dx ovarian cancer

Maggie Nell

Postby Maggie Nell » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:24 am

Micky123 wrote:I have
Change in bowel habits
Small amounts of bright red blood on stool
lower left abdominal pain ( not really pain but
I just feel something there)
Bloating sometimes
And i pass wind a lot sometimes with no smell

This has going on for about 7 months
Ive been to 3 doctors and they all said i have ibs or inflamation of the colon, i even said to one doctor i have cancer and he laughed at me.
So I privately booked a appointment with a gastrologist and going to ask him to have a colonscopy before its too late.

Thank you

Did any of those doctors do blood work, take stool samples or any investigative tests to arrive at the diagnoses of IBS or
inflammation of the colon? If so, do start up a health file and take that with you to the gastrologist.

What country do you live in as it is appalling when your concerns are scoffed at when it is FACT that colon cancer is becoming
more prevalent in the under-50 age groups.

When is your appointment with the gastrologist?
DX April 2015, @ 54
35mm poorly diff. tumour, incidental finding following emergency R. hemicolectomy
for ileo-colic intussusception.
Lymph nodes: 0/22
T3 N0 MX
Stage II CRC, no adjuvant chemo required.

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:21 am

Micky123 wrote:Hi all
. . . Small amounts of bright red blood on stool
Thank you

That comment right there says you should be getting a colonoscopy REGARDLESS of age. Truth be know, it could be caused by many things including hemorrhoids, but a colonoscopy will give you a true diagnoses, anything else is just a speculation.

Does colon cancer run in your family?

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

Micky123

Postby Micky123 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:46 pm

No colon cancer does not run in my family

Ive had 3 tests done
Blood test
Ultrasound
Ct scan

Thay all came back normal ( except the ct and ultrasound) i realised i only have one kidney but thats unrealated to my bowel problems.

Ive convinced myself i have bowel cancer because my symptoms line up exactly

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:05 pm

Micky123 wrote:Oh and im very fit, im not overweight and i eat alot of vegies and fruits but i also eat alot of meat

How likely is it that i have cancer? My change in bowel habits and blood on stool combination scares me that i do.
Does any other diesease give you those symptoms?

Thank you

Do get it check out, butt for what it is worth, many years ago, my mother ended up in the ER, rectal bleeding, serious stomach pain. They did a colonoscopy, no cancer, not even one polyp, just a bad case of diverticulosis. Me I had no symptoms, just bleeding hemorrhoids, that my primary doctor confirmed. Every test that should have been a red flag for cancer came back negative or normal. Dr figured my hemorrhoids were going to be my excuse for getting my baseline early in life. The rest is in my signature line.

Truth be know, it could be a lot of different things, cancer is just one possibility out of many!! So try not to worry too much. Butt please get that scope. Your life is worth more than a speculation, find out exactly what is going on, a true diagnoses.

For what it also else is worth, my mother was very overweight, ate junk food and did not exercise, and loved her meat. She did not die from cancer. Me I was healthy, not overweight, do exercise, loved and still do, my protein (meat). If you hang out here long enough, you learn some people can do all the right things and still end up with cancer, others can do all the wrong things and never get cancer.

One women here just prior to her surgery, asked her surgeon, why me? Surgeon replied, half the time it's genetic, the other half of the time it's just dumb luck.

I would say, avoid Dr. Google, you can diagnoses yourself with anything with Dr. Google, ask any and all questions here until you get a diagnoses of what is going on.

Follow up butt try not to worry,

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

Micky123

Postby Micky123 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:27 pm

Thanks lee

Yes i will get it checked
I have a appointment on the 1st of march and i will request a colonscopey

I hope its ibs or ibd but it could be anything

Maggie Nell

Postby Maggie Nell » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:11 pm

Not wanting to put the wind up you, Micky123, I was diagnosed with IBS in
the 90s and was never referred for a CT scan or ultrasound back in them days.

Must have been a surprise to learn you were missing a kidney, yeah?

Hopefully this time next March there'll be some answers for you and you'll have
more peace of mind.
DX April 2015, @ 54
35mm poorly diff. tumour, incidental finding following emergency R. hemicolectomy
T3 N0 MX

Micky123

Postby Micky123 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:56 am

Yea it was a suprise

Doctor said not to worry about having 1 kidney you can still live a normal life

When i was getting the ultrasound the technician was so interested on my lower left abdomen (where the pain is)
I got so scared lol i thought he found something but it turned out he was looking for my kidney.

I also have viltigo, when i researched it they said that viltigo and ibd are connected?

amzoun95
Facebook Username: amzouuun

Postby amzoun95 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:02 am

For what it is worth, I had a similar experience at about the same age as you are now and was scared it was bowel cancer. The pain was unbelievable - it felt like someone had stuck a knife in my bowels and was twisting it around for hours on end. Like your Dad it turned out to be ulcerative colitis.

Good luck

Maggie Nell

Postby Maggie Nell » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:19 am

Micky123 wrote:
....when i was getting the ultrasound the technician was so interested on my lower left abdomen (where the pain is)
I got so scared lol i thought he found something but it turned out he was looking for my kidney....

:lol: I can imagine what was going through the technician's mind - he probably thought he had lost the plot and
all the stories about aliens abducting humans to harvest their organs was running through his mind....you could
have a lot of fun with one kidney!

I also have viltigo, when i researched it they said that viltigo and ibd are connected?

Well, I've only heard that Michael Jackson and vitiligo were connected :shock:

I can say that as an infant, I had a very serious eczematous skin condition, just shed my skin all over like a snake,
and as medical science has progressed, that was attributed to my being born via C-section and having an allergy
to the milk formula that were popular in 1961. The upside is that I've never had issues with acne or skin cancer and
I used to baste myself with coconut oil and roast myself every summer and I live in a country with the highest rates
of skin cancer in the world.

There have been suggestions that children born by c-section are more likely to develop "health problems" (very
vague, no specifics). I have yet to come across science-based research being conducted into the prevalence of colon cancer in
individuals who were not vaginally delivered. Until such time, it's a hypothetical scenario and makes no difference to my
reality.
DX April 2015, @ 54
T3 N0 MX

DarknessEmbraced
Facebook Username: Riann Fletcher

Postby DarknessEmbraced » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:18 pm

I'm sorry you're going through this. *hugs* I hope you won't have to wait long for a colonoscopy.*hugs*
Diagnosed 10/28/14, age 36
Colon Resection 11/20/14, LAR (no illeo)
Stage 2a colon cancer, T3NOMO
Lymph-vascular invasion undetermined
0/22 lymph nodes
No chemo, no radiation
Clear Colonoscopy 04/29/15
NED 10/20/15
Ischemic Colitis 01/21/16
NED 11/10/16
CT Scan moved up due to high CEA 08/21/17
NED 09/25/17
NED 12/21/18
Clear colonoscopy 09/23/19
Clear 5 year scans 11/21/19- Considered cured! :)

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”