Thank you Holly...CT Scan ?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
IssyP

Thank you Holly...CT Scan ?

Postby IssyP » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:26 am

Thank you sooo much Holly for your feedback.....it was sooo appreciated and really provided us with better insights. My dad went alone to the appointment and from now on I am attending every appointment and I surely will be proactive with everything....thank you!

I do have another ?.....my dad's CT scan is on Thursday afternoon and I will go with him......will he get the results of that scan the same day or does he have to wait another week for the results? Can I ask to have them same day?

Thanks,
Issy

missj

test results

Postby missj » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:27 pm

hi,
usually you do not get scan results the same day as scans are usually done by technician then sent to a radiologist to interpret. usually with in 24-48 hours you get results if you are an out patient. if he was admitted to hospital of course you would get them right away.

missj

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:38 pm

IzzyP,

You are welcome. As for the CT scan. As the scan is being administered, the images are transmitted electronically to the reading radiologist. AKA: Paper and filmless system that most medical facilities have gone to or are in the process of converting to. As with most things, the turnaround time for your father's CT scan is subjective and depends on many variables. It would be reasonable to have an oral report to the attending physican within a couple hours and a dictated report to follow NLT 24 hours. Your father should not have to wait seven days to get his scan results. Please note, each physician, facility etc work a little differently and are subject to variables. Your father may call his physicians office at anytime and inquire on the status. FYI: Getting to know your physicians charge nurse is priceless! Too, as a patient, your father has the right to have a copy of the CT scan CD burned for his records. Handy to have if he seeks a second, third, opinion.

Hope this helps! Give your dad a big squeeze for me and wish him well on his upcoming scan! Remember ALL things are truly possible!

Holly

IssyP

Thank you.....

Postby IssyP » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:52 pm

Thanks again Holly! Figers crossed, and faith in God. I will post once all the results are in......

Have faith in St. Anthony.....He is a miracle-worker!

Issy

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:34 pm

Issy,

I have much faith! I wear a St. Peregrine, the patron saint of cancer, medal around my neck and on a bracelet. My mother gave me my first medal immediately following my diagnosis and I rarely remove my medal(s).

Remember ALL things are truly possible!

Holly

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:02 pm

Issy,

I trust that your father is slowly recovering from surgery. Remember ALL things are truly possible! I will continue to have you and your father in my thoughts and prayers.

You Rock!

Holly

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”