"MSK Today" update

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Mohrfamily
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 4:04 pm

"MSK Today" update

Postby Mohrfamily » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:09 pm

Finally able to speak with Dr. K she's wanting another MRI of the liver and new colonoscopy before final determination.

She says they can't take anything out per say but he could still get the pump. DH was on the phone not writing anything down but mentioned the slight possibility of not getting the pump if his body is still reacting to chemo...

I thought it was good to see her while it was still going well. I don't feel like this was bad news but my husband is not taking it so optimistically.
DH dx officially stage IV with liver mets largest measuring 6x6.4 cm
Colonoscopy/endoscopy/port place 5/29
4cm long mass in splenic flexure
1st round FolFox 5/30
08/2018 new CT no new lesions, clear lungs, slight decrease in colon.
3/2019 PET scan shows greater than 6-7 liver mets largest measuring 3x3 cm. No growth nothing new.
4/3/19 consult radiologist for possible radiation treatment.

User avatar
ginabeewell
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:30 am

Re: "MSK Today" update

Postby ginabeewell » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:44 pm

I know in many cases the pump is used to get a non-resectable patient to resectable. Is that what she would be doing in this case?

In retrospect I think we probably would have taken this path had we started with MSK sooner, since none of the first oncologists with whom I met seemed to have much hope I would ever be operable.

But my response to systemic chemo has been good enough that she wanted to let it run a few more cycles. Then hopefully I will be resectable and they can place the pump at the same time. I wonder if this is what she is thinking for your husband? Is she talking delay of pump vs no pump at all?
45 year old mom of twins (7) and lucky stepmom of 13 and 16 year olds
9/17/18 DX stage 4 CRC w inoperable liver mets (largest 11 cm)
9/20/18 CEA 931
10/1/18 FOLFOX + Vectibix planned 12 rounds
12/12/18 Routine scan showed typhlitis (7 days in hospital) but largest met down to 5 cm. Chemo holiday.
12/26/18 CEA 4.6
1/14/18 Resume chemo (#6-8)
3/27/19 Surgery: HAI pump placement / colon resection
4/8/19 Resume chemo (#9-12) FOLFOX (no OX) + Vectibix
5/20/19 CEA 1.3
7/19/18: 1st of 2 liver resections

Mohrfamily
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 4:04 pm

Re: "MSK Today" update

Postby Mohrfamily » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:09 pm

I'm not positive DH is not an optimist so he chalked it up to bad news I had to shake him out of it. I reminded him what devastating news was I.e. CC.

Kemeny just wants another scan and colonoscopy for a better idea of where to start. I think the goal is to get him to resection obviously since it looks more like just the pump.

There's a lot... A LOT of disease going on in the liver. Hubby has made champion progress in my book December showed scarring from dead cancer areas still... a lot to deal with I guess.
DH dx officially stage IV with liver mets largest measuring 6x6.4 cm
Colonoscopy/endoscopy/port place 5/29
4cm long mass in splenic flexure
1st round FolFox 5/30
08/2018 new CT no new lesions, clear lungs, slight decrease in colon.
3/2019 PET scan shows greater than 6-7 liver mets largest measuring 3x3 cm. No growth nothing new.
4/3/19 consult radiologist for possible radiation treatment.


Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: henry123, hopefulandstrong, Soscaredandworried and 51 guests